• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Once again, it's a grey start. 10°C now, 18° later, and the barometers are unchanged at 1015/1023mB

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cool in here at 19.2 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765.06 Torr, 14.794 psi, (up from 1019 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 63% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 12th of June 2019 there was much discussion of exam boards and existential angst, while covbob visited the dentist & LM sat her exam.

There's some snooker player chap on DID. <click>

Knackered today. .

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine & cool breeze.

Lunch: Morrisons carrot & parsnip soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Archive Hour waffling on about DC & Marvel, superheroes & all that crap. They haven't mentioned Bizarro Superman. <click> The thing about Inconvenience at 13:45.

Freecell score in the ennui of the sunny afternoon while almost falling asleep: 100%, running average: 85%.

Tea: battered cod, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea. All in all: meh.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E2 1962 Volvo PV544. Bought: $9k, total: $11,642, sold: $14k5. Added aircon. Changed the brake linings for kevlar linings for added stopping power, fixed assorted bushes & wear in the steering linkage, changed the shox, replaced the fabric thingies that protect the rear shockabsorbers, refurbed & tuned the twin SU carbs.

I found the music very loud & motormouth very irritating, much more so than in S12. I think it was dialled up a notch for the septics since it was now in California. No wonder Edd China buggered off.

Forgot the Welsh clips show at 20:00.

Dial 999: The Mechanical Watchman: with that Arthur Lowe chap. The watchman being a Burgot Automatic Alarm with a 999 dialer (mechanical) and 78rpm record. Invented in 1938 apparently. Considering the anal retentiveness of the GPO it's amazing they allowed it to be connected.

Digging for Britain with that Alice Roberts: ooo, not pink and not ginger. Orkney.

Secrets of Great British Castles: Lancaster with that Dan Jones cove.

Not in the mood for either of those.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 June 2023, 21:11.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast again but the sun is making a valiant attempt. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) with a high of 19 expected. Once again there's a stiff breeze and an expectation that the cloud cover will dissipate by early afternoon. Barometer steady at 1025 mBar.

Friday. Thank effing goodness. It's been a bit of a week.

Comment

Finally got around to booking my car in for its MOT.

Not feeling very enthused today about doing work type stuff.

Comment

Had a coffee in pub with old lady I knew from writer's group. Rather immobile but certainly with it mentally. Not sure what to do this afternoon. Tired as usual.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Absolutely roasting again. Same tomorrow by all accounts. Will need more choc-ices.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

It's turned into a lovely sunny and warm afternoon judging by what I can see out of the window.

HWMBO is back from his travels. Made himself a G&T and didn't bring me one.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 3 June 2023, 07:48. Reason: typo spotted

Comment

Very sunny afternoon and evening here too

Lunch was a bowl of Heinz chicken soup with seedy bloomer toast

And Sainsbury's has been gone to as a substitute for watching another American car being repeated, even if it did mean also missing some of the gold diggers - though that's also repeated

On the way back, I stopped off at the VAT fraud chip shop so it was cod & chips for tea, accompanied by the last few minutes of the gold diggers and then some Trucking Hell

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Verdict (1982) starring Paul Newman as an alcoholic lawyer facing a chance to redeem himself with a medical malpractice lawsuit… but can he defeat the power of the Roman Catholic church in Boston (whose hospital it is) and their ritzy law firm? Very good, if you like these legal things

And then a rewatch of the most excellent 300: Rise of an Empire (2014) which, like its predecessor, presents the history of Ancient Greece in a much more interesting manner than anything I remember from schooldays

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Usual cloudy, breezy again this morning. This afternoon will be sunnier. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 21 later. Barometer down a bit to 1024 mBar

Off for lunch in that Kensington before an exhibition at the Design Museum by that Wei Wei chap.

Comment

Working...
                      X