• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Sunny with hazy cloud cover. Currently 16 degrees ('feels like' 14) with a high of 26 expected. Not as breezy as previous days. Barometer down to 1016 mBar.

Last day before holiday. Technically, today is the last day of my contract too with the extension starting on 26 June, after I get back.

I must remember to take my car for its MOT at lunch time. It had better pass as I have no opportunity to fix it before it expires.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 9 June 2023, 08:23. Reason: speling

Comment

Morning.

Friday apparently.

Wanly sunny.

Cloudy.

Breezyish.

Notso Cool in here at 20.7 deg, 22 in the kitchen, 20 in the leanto, 19.8 deg in the saltinghouse.

1008 mBar, 29.766223 in Hg, 756.06 Torr, 14.62 psi, (down from 1009 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 63% RH (Lidl electric).

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 14th of June 2019 it was grey and dismal, while Brillo had suffered a loss with condolences offered.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Archive hour (if it's inneresting).

Oh good, judging by the tea, the milk's just turned. Thought it was a bit close. There'll be a lot of custard to get through the next gallon.

And the toast was rather more toast-like than I prefer for the bramble jelly & marmalade. Must measure the mains voltage: 244V apparently. Thought it was a bit higher than usual.

Shirts in off the line and roughly iRoned, along with such of the cottons that had dried sufficiently.

now.

Remaining cottons in off the line, iRoned where necessary and airing upstairs.

Freecell score: 92%, running average: 85%.

Tea: battered haddock (or cod), some stewed gooseberries & custard, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E7 1965 Land Rover Series IIA. The bugout vehicle. :. Body off. Scraped, sanded, blasted the chassis, then had it powder coated. Did much the same to the bodywork to give it the rat look or urban cammo. Apparently refurbed the engine though that wasn't shown. Fitted a cabin, added a solar battery charger and an inverter, added a water processing & storage system. Bought: $8k, total: $15,136, asking price: $22k, first offer: $15k, 2nd offer: $19k. Pointless zombie trek to the Salton Sea. Should have fitted a gun rack, it would have sold like hot cakes.

Strewth it's a bit warm.

Wynn's thing about 1975. 6 seater communal bog. Swansea market: cockles kidwelly, lavabred & all that.

Dial 999 "50,000 hands". E16. This one has two Doctor Whos to be: Patrick Troughton and William Hartnell. Well there's a thing.

Digging for Britain with that Alice Roberts: hair seemed natural rather than some rainbow shade. All about stonehenge and such like, with a bit of Jersey and Wales thrown in for good measure.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 June 2023, 22:14.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The disabled fox was out on the lawn, just lounging around soaking up the sun. I had been wondering if some of the extensive patches of missing or darkened fur on it were a result of sarcoptic mange, and it turns out this can also cause the loss of the brush and being unable to use one leg, along with becoming less wary of humans. So I reckon that's what's wrong with it. Anyway, I got the binoculars on it and it seems to be improving, with the fur growing back well around its shoulders and flanks

Then one of the neighbours from the block opposite came out with a bowl of water and plate of food for it. It snaffled up the food and she took the plate back inside, whereupon one of the magpies came down and started helping itself to some water. And then the neighbour reappeared carrying the plate with second helpings for it, which it also snarfed down gratefully

Comment

The final laundering of laundry was done and pegged out on the line.

Chucking things towards my carry on to consider packing for 3 days in Prague. Then I need to chuck other things towards my other carry on to consider packing for the trip to Hawaii.

Comment

Laundry is dry and has been brought in.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Chucking things towards my carry on to consider packing for 3 days in Prague. Then I need to chuck other things towards my other carry on to consider packing for the trip to Hawaii.
              Have a good trip(s).
              Regards to LMsHWMBO.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

A scorcher since sun up. Looks like it's going to be a good weekend.

Boy back from school trip later... straight onto the phone | Nintendo | XBox | computer as soon as he's through the door no doubt.

Bit of plumbing later.

I need to fit a shut-off valve to a live cold water pipe before I can fix the toilet in the main bathroom. I've no idea where the main stopcock is hence the phaf. TPITA.

Binged a bit of "Annika" on the iPlayer last night following LM's earlier recommendation. Interesting, watchable. I think that the Scandis do this sort of thing a bit better, but that could just be a bit of Scottish cringe creeping in... and the pseudo intellectualism of having to use subtitles. Nice.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  Binged a bit of "Annika" on the iPlayer last night following LM's earlier recommendation. Interesting, watchable. I think that the Scandis do this sort of thing a bit better, but that could just be a bit of Scottish cringe creeping in... and the pseudo intellectualism of having to use subtitles. Nice.
                  Pictures & subtitles better in this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b049fg98

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Still a nice, bright sunny afternoon out

Lunch, by the way, was a roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) with a bag of crisps (salt & vinegar, as I'm out of plain ones)

And I stripped the bed earlier and left it to air, then flipped the mattress and left it to air some more

Comment

Yea olde jalopy was dropped off at the MOT station in time for its 1330 appointment. Sweaty walk home in the searing heat.

Car pass its MOT, but with a heap of rusty advisories that suggests I need to spend some serious cash if it's going to make it though another one.

Sweaty walk to the MOT station in the searing heat to collect it.

Hand over email done to the PM who is going to have to do some work for a change over the next two weeks. No doubt his twins will arrive and he'll go on paternity leave sharpish.

Clocked off, just a time sheet to submit and that's me done.

Comment

Working...
                      X