• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dull and damp out. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 9 expected. Slight chance of a shower early afternoon. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

Stayed in bed instead of shuffling across the hallway to work. Symptoms seem very much like that of a cold albeit a very bad one. I can still taste and smell things. Occasional tickly cough. Much snot and headachy from the sinuses being blocked - vicks is helping but it's only a temporary relief. Not feverish. I'm already bored of it.

Comment

Get better soon lm. I was lucky, only symptom I had was a bit of a cough. Always telling meself I am Superman.

Sily dream last night, I was withdrawing money from cash machine and found it was a card shredder. Last time I had a dream about a credit card it screwed up my memory of the pin.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Dull and damp out. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 9 expected. Slight chance of a shower early afternoon. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

Stayed in bed instead of shuffling across the hallway to work. Symptoms seem very much like that of a cold albeit a very bad one. I can still taste and smell things. Occasional tickly cough. Much snot and headachy from the sinuses being blocked - vicks is helping but it's only a temporary relief. Not feverish. I'm already bored of it.
        Top Covid Tip: when you feel better in a few days, don't be lulled into a false sense of security; keep taking it easy for a few weeks. I've heard of a lot of people returning to normal levels of activity too soon and being hit by a second wave of extreme debilitation as a result, which then lasts much longer

Comment

The bloke just turned up to collect the keys to the old place. End of an era; as might have been expected, the chestnut tree has outlasted me

I'd like to think that the new owner will do the work that should have been done before I moved in almost nineteen years ago, such as refurbishing the bathroom and kitchen, but I doubt he will because he knows he can stiff some poor sod for twice as much as I used to pay without bothering to spend a penny on the place

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Top Covid Tip: when you feel better in a few days, don't be lulled into a false sense of security; keep taking it easy for a few weeks. I've heard of a lot of people returning to normal levels of activity too soon and being hit by a second wave of extreme debilitation as a result, which then lasts much longer
            I don't fancy that! I'm not exactly one to go tearing about the place but will make sure I remain positively sloth-like in my activity levels for a while.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The bloke just turned up to collect the keys to the old place. End of an era; as might have been expected, the chestnut tree has outlasted me

I'd like to think that the new owner will do the work that should have been done before I moved in almost nineteen years ago, such as refurbishing the bathroom and kitchen, but I doubt he will because he knows he can stiff some poor sod for twice as much as I used to pay without bothering to spend a penny on the place
            Definitely the end of an era!

It sounds like your new place is much better though.
            Last edited by ladymuck; 22 February 2023, 13:47.

Comment

I don't fancy that! I'm not exactly one to go tearing about the place but will make sure I remain positively sloth-like in my activity levels for a while.
              It's the perfect excuse

Definitely the end of an era!

It sounds like your new place is much better though.
              Oh yes, the new place is vastly superior. More trees to look at as well!

Comment

Lunch, by the way, was a couple of Greggs sausage rolls

Comment

Lunch was Heinz Big Soup of the Beef and Vegetable variety.

With some added seasoning and a bit of Tabasco as it's always a bit on the bland side.

Comment

Blimey its quiet in general!

Lunch was Mr V's Broccoli & stilton soup with toast, yummy.

Just writing meeting notes flip its boring.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea: lamb scouse with seedy bloomer

Comment

Working...
                      X