• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

CBS, etc.
    Going over to the beach house to do one jobs there today.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Tedious technology focused dreams before waking.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Chilly in here at 11.7 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto.

1016 mBar, 30.002 in Hg, 762.06 Torr, 14.7358 psi, (up from 1009 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Apparently the 24th of May 2019 was a BH of some kind*, the SMC was in the process of being repaired after its outing with the scrotes, films were watched, lentil <pffft> soup was consumed, and a jolly good time was had by all.

*It was a Friday FFS. . Ah. Al ist klar: 27th May 2019: Spring BH. Glad we've cleared that up.

Walk (slightly abbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Wind still seems chilly. Did a little tidying of the parental grave by removing the tops of the horsetails, this being the sole remaining plant after the oiks have used Agent Orange on the grave.

Even the last crocus (as witnessed last year) has died.

Lunch: Morrisons carrot & parsnip soup with Morrisons oak & barley bread, bramble jelly & marmalade on 3 slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: last 15 minutes of "The Now Show" as unfunny as ever, TWATO The one o'clock news until I got bored with it.

Nothing worthy of a watch on Wheeler Dealers this morning and I've decided to give the Wheeler dealering car trading version a miss after ep 1: "I can't afford the car I'd like so some Essex barrow boy will trade 10 cars on after another in a tedious attempt to achieve this goal". This one is about a chap who wants a Caterham FFS. Must have spent his youth watching "The Prisoner (1967)" (not the cell block H one).

Tea: spag with fiery(ish) bol, some peach slices, a yog run out of yogs, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: bits of PM.

Walking Wartime Britain with Arthur Williams learning all about LumberJills, SOE, and suchlike.

Maigret "Murder in Montmartre (1960)" with Rupert Davis. Won't need subtitles for this one. Well that was rather good. S1 E1.

Four Just Men E15 "The man with the golden touch". Wot's a Greek urn? It's the way I tell 'em. It's a Medici urn worth 50 million lira. Or about 4d at the then exchange rate.

Fortress Britain with Alice Roberts E4. More about the Norman bastard.

Conspiracies Decoded on Quest: whatever happened to dear old Adolph. . Ah. So it must have been someone else who opened Adolph's Caff & Bar then. Did the Feebs really kill Dillinger or did they kill some other poor sod by mistake. Where Mary is involved who knows? The cemetery won't allow the body to be exhumed. Where did King Tut get a stainless steel dagger from? Turns out it's from an iron meteorite 89% iron, 11% nickel: Kharga meteorite along with "trinitite" glass formed by the heat of impact. Where did the Ruthenium 106 spike in 2017 come from? Er, Russia, where fecking else?
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 April 2023, 22:41.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

2nd day running, found ants in the kitchen, feeding in a bowl I hadn't got round to washing. They like cream. Must check what needs sealing. Took them outside and blew them off, they're lucky I'm not nasty to little creatures like most people.

Loony lady 1 walk this afternoon and dinner with boring sister later.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          …Took them outside and blew them off…
          I had an ex girlfriend like that.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon all

Cloudy but with bits of blue visible and has brightened up considerably since I woke first thing. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) with a high of 14 expected. Barometer notably up to 1019 mBar.

No idea what to do today. I did consider going for a walk around Walpole and Lammas Parks. That may still happen.

Having a half-hearted look at the contract market as I'm a bit fed up of the current gig.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Having a half-hearted look at the contract market as I'm a bit fed up of the current gig.
              Got to say my half-hearted look is telling me to bed down where I am for a while - the market doesn't feel that great...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Got to say my half-hearted look is telling me to bed down where I am for a while - the market doesn't feel that great...
                I'm inclined to agree. I have two months left of the current gig so I won't jump for no reason, and won't turn down an extension if nothing else is lined up.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny with fluffy white clouds out, so all very scenic. Currently 12°C, maybe climbing to 13° as a reduction in the quantity, though one hopes not the quality, of the clouds is expected. The barometers are resurgent at 1009/1017mB

Meanwhile, Severn Trent are working on a significant water leak somewhere along the nearby main road, leading my taps to be very spluttery from time to time. They're hoping to have it all sorted in an hour or so, though

Now that the hot cross bun season has passed, Sainsbury's have resumed selling those extremely nice TTD teacakes, which had vanished during Lent; I assume manufacturing capacity had been redirected. I bought some yesterday, so I think I shall see about toasting and buttering one now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Meanwhile, Severn Trent are working on a significant water leak somewhere along the nearby main road, leading my taps to be very spluttery from time to time. They're hoping to have it all sorted in an hour or so, though
                    They're now saying it'll be fixed by six

The teacake was very nice though

I was worried they'd stopped making them when I couldn't find them for the last few weeks and then found they'd also vanished from the website. I'll have to stock up before Easter next year

Comment

Monkey Life is back!

Comment

Working...
                      X