• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romanian semi-skilled labourer made us a nut pie, just by following a recipe. I think he's missed his called. It was phenomenally good. So much that I looked up how to spend phenomenally.

Otherwise today Mrs NAT and I made a dance instruction video for the cast of upcoming panto, for the opening number. First time she's done choreography.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Oh, and weather at this moment.

Temperature 30 °C
      Wind speed 7 km/h
      Wind direction NW
      Wind gusts 11 km/h
      Relative humidity 46%
      Pressure 984 hPa

Got up to 33 early. Weather is supposed to break on Friday.

Comment

I had a chicken to roast but wasn't in the mood for a full roast dinner, especially as I had one the other day, so I just had a leg and a wing with chips and ketchup

Comment

Today saw the usual US border and NZ roads stuff, but unfortunately they've chosen to stop showing the thing about the 911 dispatchers (despite a "next week on…" bit at the end of last week's) in favour of an old police thing that's been on hundreds of times before

And later, a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Monday yet again tomorrow, but at least I've got a short week followed by a very long weekend

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, with the promise of a warm few days before things become duller for the Bank Holiday weekend. Currently 15°C with 23° coming, and the barometers are up a little more at 1011/1019mB

Comment

Temperature 24.1 °C
              Sunshine 10 of 10 min
              Wind speed 2 km/h
              Wind direction SSW
              Wind gusts 4 km/h
              Relative humidity 75%
              Pressure 986 hPa

Expected high, scorchio. (34°C)

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry.

Cool in here at 21.4 deg, 23 deg in the kitchen, 21 deg in the leanto.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (unchanged), 75% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of July 2019 Brillo was posting.

The Telex machine is far too clean.

It's fecking raining.

Shopping trip to Tesco Morrisons done, dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. X7 down, shanks' pony back.

It's still raining.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, a red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Analysis "What are companies for?". Reducing tax in the case of mine, back in the day. The News. Y&Y. <click>

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 out, 38 back, plus shanks' pony from town.

Entertainment: Hoax on R4 at 13:45, shortly before it went <click> due to the imminent advent of di de di.

Strewth it's a bit close, Bruce, & no doubt about it.

Freecell score: 92%, running average: 86%.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, a yog, some apricot halves, 0.91*1.55 pints of really strong Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens bollox on Blaze.

The WWWC waffling on about stuff on blaze: buildings.

Joy of Painting.

Joy of Painting.

Ghosts S2 E1 & E2.

UFO. More ladies with purple hair. (Well there's feck all else on). The alternative is Quatermass II. Terminator II.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 August 2023, 20:11.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A cool wet morning has developed into a bright warm afternoon.

Disappointing news reached me over the weekend: Season 2 of "Peripheral" has been cancelled due to the writers' strike in the US. Shame, it was a good first series and there was scope for much more to come. I can only hope that they reconsider at a later date.

I've not seen the following smilie before. I'm confused, but it seems fun and I am now going to try to work it into conversations somewhere:

I'm now off to sow good will around the internet.

Laters.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Afternoon all

This morning was cloudy but now it's sunny with lumps of fluff. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 24 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer at 1024 mBar.

Arrived home about 11 pm yesterday, was woken around 5 am this morning by lorry related racket outside. Consequently slept though most of my alarm, coming to around 8.15 am. The morning has therefore run away from me.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X