• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While watching Monday's University Challenge, I fixed an issue that has bugged me for a long time: when you select 'view in Browser' on an email in Outlook, it opens in IE11. A few registry entries, a change of default app, and a setting tweak in Edge later they now open in Edge. I'm not a fan of that browser but it's good enough for when I want a clean email to print off.

Comment

Bins have been trundled

Comment

After the boot factory I watched Hanna S3E3. I still feel like this one isn't really getting anywhere; it's like S2 was "Look, there's a whole bunch more stuff behind all that stuff from S1" while S3 is just "Yeah, we're basically just gonna carry on with the stuff from S2 without adding much to it"

And then the Air Crash Investigation into the BEA Trident that just dropped out of the sky into a field near Staines in 1973

Early night now so I can get the bin back first thing in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

TFIF, etc.

Bit of a frost on the grass, although no sign of the pond having ice on it (which is good, because at least 2 nexts have returned to it already). Mist in the valley to the north, currently 0.5oC
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Looks brighter out this morning. Still cloudy though. Chilly at 3 degrees with a high of 9 later. Barometer up to 1035 mBar.

Slept ok, had a weird dream that I can't really remember the details of that seemed to have a theme of strange room sharing arrangements and toilets.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start, but no frost; currently 3°C with 8° expected by evening - and then it will continue to rise, supposedly reaching 10° by this time tomorrow. Barometers flat at 1026/1034mB

I was up betimes, and thus able to retrieve the recycling bin in a fairly timely manner once they'd been done

Might pop down to Sainsbury's this morning. I need very little. But there's a few things that are in that superposition of "might run out this week, might last another two" states and as I'm up, I may as well go

Comment

Morning.

No dreams to report, especially none with incidental toilets.

Dry.

Grey.

Cold.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 13.2 deg.

1034 mBar, 30.53 in Hg, 775.5 Torr, 14.996 psi, 63% RH.

Friday apparently.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD "10:00 to go" as if. and airing in the bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the chilly sunless grey gloom.

Shirts out of the TD.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news, 7 minutes to go on the cottons in the WM and the drizzle has started, so the walk was timed correctly today.

7 minutes my hairy arse: it was still going an hour later.

Shirts roughly iRoned and transported to the back bedroom to air.

Cottons out of the TD (eventually) despite various misleading indications that 4 minutes were remaining.

Freecell score in the grey gloom of the heavy drizzle: 100% (of 7), running average 84%.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock with baked beans & fried potato slices (the closest I ever get to chips), some peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Albert Finney.

Quantum Leap S4 E11 "The play's the thing": The graduate.

NCIS LA S11 E20 "Knock down": wherein one of the team members has "left". Yeah, right.

Bab5 S1 E15 "Grail": look out for The Knights who say Ni!

Bab5 S1 E16 "Eyes": no one expects the Spanish inquisition.

Bab5 S1 E17 "Legacies": a mysterious bodily disappearance.

Bab5 S1 E18 "A voice in the wilderness Part One": The Great Machine is discovered on Epsilon III.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 January 2022, 09:43.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sainsbury's popped to. I was able to get pre-sliced in-store bakery loaves (multiseed and sesame bloomer), so clearly it's the early shift that goes to the trouble of running a few through the slicer while the afternoon lot just stick them on the shelves as-is

All in all, I ended up spending about the same as I always do, despite only needing "a few bits". Funny how that happens

But I was able to get the latest Viz, which I'd forgotten to get the last few times, and not a moment too soon given that there were only four copies left

Upon returning, I noticed when putting everything away that the little thermometer I have in the fridge had stopped working. Upon examining it, I discovered that it's the one that has to have the back taken off to change the battery, and it's held together with tiny crosshead screws; so I needed the tiny screwdrivers, and a 2032 battery. The fact that I had these things readily to hand suggests that I do, at least occasionally, manage to learn from experience so as to be better prepared in future

Comment

We boy scouts are always prepared:

Originally posted by Gibbs
                    Never go anywhere without a knife.

Originally posted by Crocodile Dundee
                    Call that a knife?
                    Though it must be said that finding said preparations is sometimes more difficult than might be expected.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 January 2022, 12:50.

Comment

asfasdfadf

Comment

Working...
                      X