• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Mustang 5 litre V8, though the show did start off as if it was going to be a clip show. They shouldn't change things that way for no good reason

Then the opal hunters faced various problems.

Some of the motorway police show that lacks focus and then a bit of old Police Interceptors accompanied the dining experience :

And finally the gold hunters also faced various problems, though they all managed to find enough to keep going, as they usually do

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        murky and mild - it’s 14 out

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Less chilly at 17 deg in here, 18 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1011 mBar, 29.85 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.663315 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 74% RH (down from 75%).

Tuesday apparently.

Meanwhile back in 15th January 2019 NF was coping with technofailures on the part of Virgin/NTL Hell and the black cat was too stupid to realise he could get into the tin shed through the foot square hole I'd left precisely for that purpose. .

The night's sleep was terminated by Yet Another Finals type dream where I couldn't answer any of the questions despite having access to the interweb.

Which in and of itself is odd since the interweb hadn't been invented back then, but there you go.

And I could do without the current earworm of "The Boxer" by Simon & Garfunkle. It even permeates my dreams FFS.

Trying some Hawkwind in a no doubt vain attempt to shift the above: "Assault & Battery" and "The Psychedelic Warlords (Disappear in smoke)" seems to help a little.

<hiatus> As it did for a while but it's back to S&G now FFS.

Shopping trip to Tesco accomplished in the dry: done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Yet more of the crap from next door duly processed: who'd have thunk that Maltesers 6 or 7 years past BBE would look unmistakably like a turd?

There's now two buckets with 30L of mostly chocolate awaiting next week's recycling since it won't go on Thursday.

It's raining.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast (one was sunflower & pumpkin seed, the other soya & linseed), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: silence as the wireless went <click> when TWAO came on, it being full of lying Tory bastards.

Freecell score: 84%, running average 85%. Definitely nowhere near the zone this week. .

Tea: battered haddock, the last of the peach slices, a yog (the last of those), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E6 :Chevy Corvair 1963. bought for $2k, $10k spent, sold for $18k. Unsafe at any speed.

America's Hidden Stories on Smithsonian: The CIA museum. Mildly inneresting

The Rookie S2 E11 "Day of Death": last week's ep continued. Will the team succeed in saving a team member who's been kidnapped?

Which was reasonably gripping in a horrid sort of way. However looking at various news stories from septicland prove that it's hardly original.

The Repair Shoppe: totally ungripping. Music box, Some sort of arcade game (the sort with ball bearings). the usual stuffed animal.

America's Hidden Stories on Smithsonian: The 1983 Soviet pipeline explosion. Which may or may not have happened, involved a pipeline, or involved the CIA dirty tricks feeing the KGB trojan horses for the pipeline control software. It may have been Mildly inneresting or not.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 October 2022, 08:48.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start out, though a bit milder at 14°C. Possible 18° later, but the barometers are heading rapidly down again at 1006/1014mB

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 18 forecast. Low chance of rain. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

Yesterday afternoon was spent on the phone. With the long wait time for all 'bereavement' options selected on pensions and other bodies, I can only assume there's a lot of dead people about. This morning I am attempting to talk to the Probate Service to confirm my hunch that we don't need to do probate for my Dad because all his assets were in joint ownership with my Mum. Next, I will try again to contact Scottish Widows whose callback service didn't call me back yesterday.

UPDATE: Probate only needed if Dad's pension companies ask for it. As the value they paid was negligible, I have my doubts as to what's left for my Mum to inherit.
              Last edited by ladymuck; 4 October 2022, 08:19.

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 040850Z AUTO 20009KT 9999 OVC039 16/13 Q1015

Grey overhead but looks lovely and clear over Devon.

Today is day 7 of testing +ve - no symptoms anymore but being stuck indoors getting annoying now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Morning all

Today is day 7 of testing +ve - no symptoms anymore but being stuck indoors getting annoying now.
                  That's unfortunate! I thought you don't need to isolate any more but I would still do it if I picked up the lurgy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Morning all

Clear over North Devon, maybe. Conditions heading towards the south coast are not quite as pleasant

Comment

Lunch: sardine toasties, being the ones whose habitat is olive oil rather than tomato sauce. Very tasty

We have begun the final sprint of my tenure at ClientGov; I shall not see the end of it (barring any further last-minute extension), so am concentrating on minor tickets, tech debt that could do with clearing up, and any questions the other devs might have for handover

And the post, which is getting even later than it already was, has arrived bearing the dead tree copies of all the mortgage offer documents

They've taken their time getting here, given that the existence of the offer was confirmed via email a week ago, but I imagine mortgage providers have had to send out a lot of post over the past week or so

Comment

Working...
                      X