• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The car earlier was a Chevrolet S2 Corvette Stingray
    C2. Turns out that Small block 327 engine is pretty rare & pretty special. Who'd have thunk?

Morning.

Dry (in as much as it's not currently precipitating).

Dark.

Damp.

Dreary.

Cool in here at 21 deg.

Sunless.

1009 mBar, 29.7957 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.63 psi (unchanged), 72% RH.

Wednesday.

Which posting returned me to 20th November 2018 where I was having difficulties with some electronicky theory and it was getting colder and wetter outside on the trudge to and from Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde.

Sun's out.

Just had a helicopter fly up the valley. Maybe someone's fallen off a waterfall again. Hope they flew high enough to get over the electricity pylons a bit further up.

AW189: went up to what appears to be Pen Y Fan Llyn Y Fan Fach & went around and around, then disappeared off FR24.

It's now at zero feet over the sea off Porthcawl. WTF is it up to?

https://www.flightradar24.com/A189/2ce8c2c6

Might make a trip to Tesco shortly, though I could put it off until tomorrow.

Walk (abbreviated) walked. Nice enough.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons oat & barley toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y about some unfortunate lady who was declared dead by her bank, then declared undead by her bank (Barclays) which reinstated all the DDs apart from the one to SSE, now the even more incompetent Ovo, leading to a 4 year hiatus in payments due entirely to their incompetence.

Freecell score: 90%, until I played another and it went down to 81%, running average 85%.

After which the house got vacced with some considerable irritation. .

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM until the MP for the 18th C came on whereupon it went <click> with some extreme prejudice.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E10 FSM Syrena: a car that goes from 0 to 60 in 36 seconds, is a 3 cylinder two stroke, and, instead of a distributor, has 3 ignition coils.

The 34bhp of this car is a slight contrast with the 300bhp of yesterday's.

So that's how they reline brake shoes. Who'd have thunk it?

The Soldering of the wires to the new alternator made my toes curl. Stone me, these people do all this stuff but, specifically in general, they can't solder for toffee.

I'd have crimped the wires instead, it's a better way to make the connection.

Yesterday's Car SOS was a 1970ish Datsun 240Z. They (Tim) blagged a "free" EFI upgrade which I've just costed at about £3k if you have to shell out for one.

Alias S3 E13 "After Six": The Covenant loses some members.

Freecell score: 96%, running average 85%. That's a bit better.

No aliens bollox on Blaze this evening and I can't find anything else that appeals. The paranormal crap is too crap even for me.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2022, 21:00.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and cloudy. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 25 expected. Will remain cloudy until early evening. Low chance of rain. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Slept better last night, coughing fit around 4.30 am. Sore throat this morning but feeling less grim than yesterday.

Comment

It's The WifeTM's birthday in a couple of weeks and I've ordered a present from a well known brand (their products are packaged in light blue boxes/pouches). Turns out they use DPD for their deliveries, but it's the first time I've seen DPD with the shipper's brand logo all over it.
        I've told her that something is arriving today that she's not allowed to see, but thankfully not had the DPD page open on my computer as that would give it away.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch: the rest of that fancy foreign ham in a couple of crusty cobs - two as there was a fair bit of it. Very tasty, though normal ham might have worked just as well

The lurgy definitely seems to have eased off, though not gone completely

Comment

It's brightened up outside a fair bit.

Lunch was some of the Chinese takeaway leftovers still festering in the fridge.

Comment

Quite sunny and Simpsonesque out there now

My mouse battery went flat just as I was thinking "Shall I carry on and get this bit working?", so I've taken that as a hint that the correct answer is "No"

Comment

Tea: one of those steak and caramelised onion burgers in a sesame bun with sweet chilli sauce, and fries

Comment

Was trying to contact our glazer to give him more work, turns out he’s gone to ground.

Well, to be more precise, he’s now a she. Would still ike their company to do some work, but the mobile number I had doesn’t work any more.

Anyway, TFBSZ.

Comment

The car tonight was an FSO Syrena 105, the pride of Poland in the communist era. Currently SORN having failed an MOT in 2018. They should let it go back to Poland where it still has some nostalgia value

Later viewing was the newest episode of 24 Hours in A&E :

And finally, a new episode of Inside the Factory - a very big factory in this case, as it was about how they make trains

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc.
                      Couldn't sleep, The WifeTM has suggested that where I took down a shed last week, due to there being a raised block foundation, that I should just deck over it as a breakfast area. It would also be where the front of the new summerhouse will be, when we get round to that.
                      Spent the night planning it out in my head.

Comment

Working...
                      X