• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the chinese shut?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      is the chinese shut?
      20 minutes yet

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        is the chinese shut?
        Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

20 minutes yet
        WlmS

Though I couldn't post from there because my phone was playing up and wouldn't load any web pages at all

I need to get a new phone really.

Anyway, the Chinese was very nice, as always

Busyness status: "not really"; no conjecture was offered for why this might be the case, beyond an assertion to the effect that "some days are busy, then others aren't"

Comment

Nothing but repeats on the telly

On the other hand, it's not the 1970s any more, so I get to decide what's repeated

Hang on a minute, some argumentative drunks outside by the sound of it… no, they seem to have buggered off

Anyway, first repeat of the night was Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) which is so excellent (if rather disturbing, given the way many apes are treated in it) that it ought to replace the Queen's Speech

Next on the rewatch roster: the wonderful Constantine (2005) <- Keanu Reeves smokes a lot in it

And finally, the best found video movie to date: Cloverfield (2008). Quite short (~1h10m without end credits, not counting the bit near the start of the end credits that adds a bit to the story, which BTW is an annoying way of doing things and filmmakers should stop doing that), but cracking stuff, well worth ransacking the charity shops for when they re-open

Goodnight all

Comment

You're going to have to get an earlier 'night' than that for work tomorrow

Comment

Blue sky with fluffy clouds. Dry and bright. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) and expeted to get up to 11 later. Cloud cover due to increase but little chance of rain. Barometer down to 1027 mBar.

Listening to BH on R4 with a coffee and then I'll be sorting myself out to go and take photos for my last photography assignment. I have a plan, scouted out the area yesterday and I'm pleased it's sunnier today as that should help.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Online social media service 'Twitter' is founded 2006

Comment

Morning Afternoon.

Dry.

Sunnyish.

Blue sky in parts with white fluffy clouds.

17.5 deg in here.

1029 mBar, 30.4 inHg, 54% RH.

Sunday.

Sunday shop done, dusted, washed, sanitised, wiped down, dried, put away.

Chicken Turkey steaks (Morrisons, reduced) with Cumberland sausages (ditto), and bacon (ditto ditto) in the oven.

Late today since I couldn't be arsed to get up before 09:00 and even managed to doze a little through "The letter from America that isn't called that any more".

Lunch: Slightly overcooked the turkey but at least the gravy was a good colour, consumed all the bacon & half a sausage, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Time for a walk.

<hiatus>

Walk walked, pleasant enough though it's gone quite grey and a bit chilly.

Tea: Heinz ham and lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, and Morrisons oak and barley bread, bramble jelly sandwiches on crusts of same x 2, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some nonsense about digging up britain on some channel or other, one about Stonehenge, the other about some village from the time of The Black Death.

Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday.

The chap wandering around lochs on BBC Scotland.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 March 2021, 21:10.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon
                  Watching Alien TV on Netflix. Rather good animated series.

Blue skies and currently at today's high of 11 degrees.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Overcast and may get as warm as 5°C.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Walk walked. Down Earl's Court Road to Old Brompton Road, along past Brompton Cemetary to North End Road, all the way up, over Cromwell Road to Kensington High Street along and then down to home. About 3 and a bit miles. Many snaps taken; now to see if any of them are any good. Then I need to find something in the V&A photography collection that 'inspired' me. I have picked the photographer; just need to pick a representative photo.

Comment

Working...
                      X