• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juts drove out to the sorting office at the edge of the universe to collect a parcel. Turns out it closes at noon on Mondays, for no readily apparent reason

Comment

Went to bank on Saturday to find it closed. Sure it used to be open till 12 on Saturday but ages since I've actually been to it. Do everything on line.

BTW if anyone else has Croatian kunas, need to cash 'em in by Jan 1st. Got 100 quids worth but holiday cancelled as loony lady 1 was ill.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 31 October 2022, 15:26.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Went to bank on Saturday to find it closed. Sure it used to be open till 12 on Saturday but ages since I've actually been to it. Do everything on line.

BTW if anyone else has Croatian kunas, need to cash 'em in by Jan 1st. Got 100 quids worth but holiday cancelled as loony lady 1 was ill.
        They stopped Saturday morning opening during the plague.

And IIRC they shut at 14:00 during the week.

Then again, maybe they've closed the branch completely without you noticing.

Whilst on the 14th of Feb 2019 someone that I'd never previously heard of posted random crap using the ID "Bemi".
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 October 2022, 16:54.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Raining steadily out there now

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

They stopped Saturday morning opening during the plague.

And IIRC they shut at 14:00 during the week.

Then again, maybe they've closed the branch completely without you noticing.

Whilst on the 14th of Feb 2019 someone that I'd never previously heard of posted random crap using the ID "Bemi".
            The branch up the road from me is closed on Saturdays, but open until 16:30 in the week. And the big one in town is open on Saturdays, but only until 13:00

Comment

Tea has been a gammon shank in a maple, orange and black pepper sauce (or glaze), with chips. Nice enough for one of these predigested things

Comment

Two more demijohns of scrumpy bottled, a bit of sparkle still in these. It tasted good enough that I had a pint of it with dinner.
                I will regret that - as it’s not had time to settle yet, even though it is lovely and clear.

Anyway, TFBSZ.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Dodge van, aka a Commer van.

Then the gold hunters had the usual ups and downs.

Whilst dining, it was the latest episode of Ambulance

And then NEW! gold hunters, in which a chap who's allergic to bee stings got stung by a bee, with the result that we actually got to see a member of the crew as he rushed to help. I'd always wondered what they'd do in an emergency like that, half suspecting that they might just hang back and keep filming because it would make for good TV; but apparently not

And the bloke was fine once his mate got his epipen from the truck for him

Early night now with the vague notion that I could get up and do stuff tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

It blew a hoolie all night with much rain. Still raining now but it's down to a fine drizzle. The sun may make a brief appearance late morning / lunchtime with a risk of thunderstorms early afternoon or, more likely, more rain. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 15 expected. Barometer down to 1008 mBar.

Trying to summon the enthusiasm to do anything today.

Comment

Morning.

Torrential rain overnight, though the drains having been cleaned reduced the rivers flowing down the road.

Wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Chilly in here at 16.9 deg, 18.5 deg (post kettle) in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750.1 Torr, 14.5 psi, (up from 993 mBar last night), 76% RH.

Tuesday.

And it's still raining.

While back in 15th Feb 2019, discussions arose regarding Lego(tm) and Meccano(tm) with varying colours, clockwork & electrick motors, light bricks & the like. ery at its finest. .

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom before the onset of the torrential rain.

Hammering down on the leanto roof with added hail.

TV Times purchased.

Lunch: baked beans and cheese on baked potato, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y all about polluted rivers and waterways. As the saying goes, tulip happens. Remarkably frequently it would seem.

The River Neath used to be a sight to see at high tide back in the day with the streak of "gravy" making it really picture skew.

Sun's out. .

That didn't last long: it's hammering down again. .

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 85% (running average 85.01% after which the calculator died).

Tea: battered cod, some peach slices, a yog or two, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E8 1965 Austin-Healey 3000 Mk III. Bought $35k, total $44k5, sold at auction for $71k.

They added triple 45DCOE webbers and exhaust headers.

This is wot those wot know stuff say about that idea:

https://www.ahexp.com/forum/the-100-...ersion.200941/

Maigret "Death in mind" 1962.

The Rookie S2 E15 "Hand-Off". Identity Theft.

The Repair Shoppe (turned out I'd already watched the Phantom Signals thing on Blaze): Letter writing case, embossed silver mirror, Edison phonograph, the Fi of which was definitely by no means Hi.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2022, 19:42.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X