• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

There will be a set of priority deliveries (pre 10, pre 12) that are programmed first, it then moves on to the none priority deliveries.
    Yes, that would explain why he headed off towards the business areas

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      No word on an extension yet, and my contract ends this coming weekend. I assume it'll be the usual last minute thing where the consultancy tries to get Her Majesty to confirm enough budget for a proper extension, then ends up renewing for two more weeks while they await a decision
      Agent on the phone - the consultancy are just waiting for confirmation of whatever it is they need from ClientGov, and will then be offering a six week extension

Comment

And another escapee today.

That is 3 "visionaries" who have left us in the last 7 days. Maybe they thought it was time to get out before the fan started?

These are all the ones who told us we didn't have to do any prep because the project was totally under control . I am now looking at rivers of TULIP.

Maybe I need a new job? I have after all managed a complete horlicks a few times in my lifetime, though to be fair they weren't my fault.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Agent on the phone - the consultancy are just waiting for confirmation of whatever it is they need from ClientGov, and will then be offering a six week extension
          more cash incoming - good job.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Having spent the whole morning trying to get SharePoint list validation to actually validate something (it currently accepts entries that fail validation), I am now having the last of the Friday night curry left overs for lunch.

Comment

Links are up

Lunch has been the last of the zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup, with wholemeal bread

And the Apple TV 4K delivery arrived while I was eating it, naturally

Chucking it down out there now, and rather dark

Comment

Having discovered that I was putting in validation formulas that evaluate to true when I wanted formulas that were true to evaluate as false, my SharePoint validation is now fixed.

Now I just need to create some user friendly content.

Comment

After some torrential times earlier, it seems to have calmed down out there, though after a bit of sunshine it's gone cloudy again. So I suppose I'll have to go for my walk at some point

Comment

Walk briskly walked, all three rings closed

It waited until I was past the Point Of No Return Without Putting On An Elaborate Mime Show To Make People Think You've Forgotten Something Even Though Nobody's Looking And They Wouldn't Care If They Were to start raining; not too heavy though, just persistent. But I had the coat with the hood, so no problem

Comment

Left home at 8:45. We got to Solthurn about 10 and wandered around for a bit. Looked at clocks, including this one.

From there along Lake Biel and Lake Neuchâtel to Geneva for a spot of lunch and a stroll along the lakeside. Geneva to Visp through fantastic scenery - Lake Geneva, Montreux, mountains. Visp to Bern along the side of Lake Thun. Then home. All for the princely sum (including lunch and breakfast), of about £50 each. It was 20C in Geneva and sunny.

Got home just in time to watch Bill Nighy's Railway Adventures... covering the Bernina Railway and the Glacier Express. It turns out it's very relaxing just sitting on a train watching the very pretty world go by. We might do it again.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X