• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dull, damp, raining. Not very heavily but it's been going on since the early hours. Currently 17 degrees and that's the high for the day with the rain easing after lunch and the sun due to come out. Barometer down to 1004 mBar.

Very fidgety night's sleep - my duvet was half off the bed this morning, which is very unusual for me.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Queen Elizabeth The Queen Month launches the luxury ocean liner 'RMS Queen Elizabeth' at Clydebank 1938

Comment

Morning.

Dry (as in it's not pissing down at the moment).

Damp.

Sunny.

Blue sky with fluffy white clouds.

Cool at 19.1 deg in here.

1004 mBar, 29.65 in Hg, 753 Torr, 74% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine dusty.

Woke unbidden at 06:00, eventually managed to go back to sleep.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Now pissing down and windy with it.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: returning some Romanians back whence they came.

The usual bags of undeclared food.

And aubergines. $200 worth.

Finally found out what "contac nt" is: it's some sort of Chinese flu medicine that contains pseudoephedrine, very popular with chaps like Heisenberg in NZ.

Now a chap with citrus leaves concealed about his person, and some plant material.

Cleaning shipping containers in Samoa.

Gardening. Treating next door's lawn with lawn treating stuff since they've paid me for it & it's raining regularly so it shouldn't scorch.

Wheel kept falling off the dispenser thing despite the glue (hot melt). Different type of glue used for the 2nd attempt.

Weeding done on the little side patch by the salting house wherein 4 potatoes were harvested.

Tea: more roast chicken & sausage, a yog, the last of the mango slices, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Lauren Bacall.

Joy of Painting. Om. Usual effect.

Oak Island Nutjobs S8 E4 "Alignment": Gary is finding axes, which look like hatchet heads to me.

More knights Templar nutjobbery of an unprecedented craziness.

Just to add to the enjoyment, a sudden squall blanked the screen and the SD receiver was borked too.

It's back now, just in time for the fecking adverts.

And then the backhoe springs a hydraulic leak.

NCIS S17 E12 "Flight Plan".
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 September 2021, 20:53.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        In mooching about the Screwfix website to determine what they had in stock, I ended up realising that my order was going to be more substantial than just an empty (easy to carry) tool box so I've gone for the delivery option and added in loads of other stuff for all the little jobs I've been thinking of doing.
        Its started , soon you will have to build a shed to contain your tool collection!

Proud owner of 2 sheds full of tools!
        Last edited by vetran; 27 September 2021, 08:58.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Its started , soon you will have to build a shed to contain your tool collection!

Proud owner f 2 sheds full of tools!
          Two sheds?

INKSPE!

Workshop shed (DIY tools, etc)
          Garden power tools shed
          Garden hand tools, compost and fertiliser shed
          Chicken/wildlife food shed
          Patio shed (BBQ, chairs etc)
          Log shed
          Summerhouse

...and still some things live outside, such as the mower that has it's own mini car-port.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Oi Fizzy Knickers! Why does one need to refresh again and again to see this thread?
            You should find it refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

That's the solution then, ban all the most popular CUKers and only allow comments by drivelling sockies and others that nobody likes.
              You want to own the thread then ?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Proud owner of 2 sheds full of tools!
                I don't have the room for that. I have a little 'shed' on my patio that has been built into the space under the stairs. This is where my tool box used to live but rain gets through the stairs and caused it to rust. I had some larger tools in a plastic box but the nature of the lid on that meant water ingress was an issue and those didn't survive very well, sadly.

The new tool box should ensure watertight storage for a good while.

Comment

Just had an email from the solicitors to say they overcharged us on our house purchase. Something to do with a land registry discount. It's nice when they send you money!
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I had some chocolate chip brioche with my coffee for breakfast but was still peckish so a snack of bran flakes has been had. This now means that lunch will have to occur at some random time this afternoon.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X