• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    I don't have to wash clothes until i've got enough for a full load.*
    It's really wasteful of energy and water otherwise, and i abhor waste.
    nor do i suffer from vanity.
    even then i only separate light and dark colours.
    the iRon gets little use, too.

*and my rental has a family sized WM.
    My WM alters amount of water used and time depending on the load size. Though I tend to only do full loads.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I do wish I had a better WM but I have to put up with what my LL supplies.

It does have a A+ (or whatever it is) cycle but that takes 4 hours

Comment

Dinner was fish pie, with Rioja viura.
        ents looks a bit bleak, 135 channels and nothing on.
        bugger
        more Sicilian cops stuff then.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Once I'ver recovered a bit I think I'll fill in another pothole or two on the back lane.
          It was one pothole.

I was knackered.

Tea: Heinz beans on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Guns of the Magnificent Seven (1969)" with that George Kennedy chap and a pre dirty harry Reni Santoni.

It wasn't brilliant.

Then 15 minutes of the thing on BBC4 about farming and tractors & suchlike.

Now: "Code Breakers: Bletchley Park's lost heroes" which is showing the Colossus.

According to Captain Jerry Roberts the machine removed the chi wheel encoding, the rest of it was done mandraulically.

Cryptanalysis of the Lorenz cipher - Wikipedia

I find it remarkable that Bill Tutte figured out how it worked without seeing the machine itself over a period of 3 months.

I can't imagine the sort of mind you require to do that.

I have two WMs and a TD.

I use all of them.

Squanderbug that's me.

<hiatus>

Oak Island nutjobs: they're extending the cofferdam with that big feckoff crane thing.

Having found shaft 9 last week, they now think they can locate shaft 2.

And drilling begins. These guys have spent a small fortune drilling holes.

After the break, they find more wood.

And Gary finds yet another chunk of iron.

Now they're off to Dartmouth (no not that one, another one) about the 90 foot stone at the Dr. Helen Creighton Heritage Museum.

Meanwhile Gary is off to the beach at Lot 6.

Where they find two square pins.

Followed by another rusty iron thing.

It's another pin only bigger, a cribbing spike.

At the museum they're ferreting about under a rhododendron bush.

Meanwhile back at nutjob central, Smith's Cove, they may have found something in the bump out.

At the shaft 2 site the core is indicating disturbed ground.

And, wait for it, more wood.

The bumpout on the cofferdam is finished and they're about to start pumping it dry.

Excavating with a jcb the new structure has tarpaper in it along with stacked rocks.

?flood tunnel entrance?

Stacked logs, stacked rocks, the excitement is palpable.

Tune in next week For Yet More Wood.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 October 2020, 20:59.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Watched some HIGMNFY, QI XL, OC and now catching up on GBBO.

Left over Korean tea was very yummy.

Comment

Lamb scouse with a couple of bits of sesame bloomer for tea

Comment

Entertainment (continue): a thing on S4C about Tecwyn Roberts, a chap from Anglesey who did stuff at NASA.

Tecwyn Roberts - Wikipedia

It being S4C much of it is Yng Nghymraeg with English subtitles (if you turn them on).
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Watched something with Hugh Laurie in it with.

Now watching the news.

Then to bed...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

And so, for the sake of humanity, the band is no more.

We’ve not played together in months. The lead guitarist contacted the drummer (whose games room we practiced in) to ask for his mic stands back.
                    The drummer realised I owned the PA gear, but was planning to leave the village.
                    The drummer also realised that the village used the PA gear regularly and were getting it “free”.
                    I’ve picked up two amps (a Vox for my guitar and an Ashdown for the bass) which The Wife (tm) didn’t know about, and sold the PA to the village for £500.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Now it’s TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X