• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

High cloud to the east, turning to a high haze in the south and very thin high haze with occasional fluffy bits in the west, all indicating that the wan sunshine currently prevailing will brighten somewhat as the day wears on

Still a covering of snow out there for now though, and chilly with it: currently -1°C (though it was -2° as little as fifteen minutes ago) and "feels like" -5°

But it's heading for 1° this afternoon, which might be enough to tempt me out for my walk if the snow dissipates as rapidly as it did yesterday once the sunlight got on it
    Is that due to wind chill or your age?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Is that due to wind chill or your age?
      Just whatever the weather app says; it offers no rationale

As predicted, the snow has gone from areas touched by the sun but is lingering in those not yet granted that grace.

Comment

Last of the duck and barley soup for lunch, with multiseed bread. Very filling

And I do believe I am now just about out of homemade soup

Better roll out the remains of the Big Chicken soon

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Without Phil the fight against the LC would have ended in April 2020. Everyone would have had to pay up then. Phil had a breakdown. Not that I am a fan of his.

People need to dire their ire at HMRC. Maybe if people were not harrassing him he might have got further? But who knows. What is done is done.

I am slightly surprised that you think its acceptable to abuse innocent under 18s. Actually that is wrong. I am VERY surprised. When I met you I thought you were a great guy. Looks like everyone else was right about you. Oh well - I am sometimes wrong. I can admit my mistake.
          Read what I said, I didn't say it was acceptable but that I could understand why people might do it.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

healthy lunch of sausage rolls.
            with Manly HP sauce and earl grey tea.
            still bright out there.

Comment

Lunch was the last of the tomato soup I made the other day. Eaten while on a meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Lunch was the last of the tomato soup I made the other day. Eaten while on a meeting.
                I love how people are now on meetings rather than sat in them.

An interesting change in viewpoint now people aren't physically present.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch some soup with oatie bread.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    I love how people are now on meetings rather than sat in them.

An interesting change in viewpoint now people aren't physically present.
                    That's a good point. I did initially type 'on a call' which may be more correct.

Comment

Walk briskly(ish) walked in 1°C, green ring closed

Only managed about 15'33"/mile today due to a slow start where the pavements still had a thin covering of snow and concomitant risk of ice beneath; I was down at 17'40"/mile there, but once I got onto the stretch where the tall Victorian houses give way to between-war semis, the sun had been able to get to the pavement on the north side so I crossed over and was able to resume a more normal rate of progress

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Not so bitterly cold this morning since there's no wind & I wore some Lidl(tm) thick gloves so my hands were nice & toasty.
                      I too remembered to take gloves this time and they definitely improve things

Mine are Sainsbury's, with fingertips that supposedly work on touchscreens, though I didn't try that bit - unless I tapped my watch when it didn't realise I'd raised my hand, as sometimes happen, and I just don't remember.

Comment

Working...
                      X