• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've turned my radiators down.

I was trying to work out if any of the pipes would freeze if I turned my heating off.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My heating has a frost protection setting so it will never go below 10 degrees. The default is 5 degrees which I feel is too low.

Overnight, between 11pm and 7am, there is no heating on. The coldest my flat has gotten in that time is 16 degrees.

My landlady decided to send me Tado kit when the wireless thermostat died last year. It's been good to zone the flat and control the heating according to what room I use and when.

Comment

Back to ST:TNG with S5E5 "Star Trek: The Next Generation" Disaster (TV Episode 1991) - IMDb, in which exigent circumstances leave Counselor Troi as the senior officer on the bridge while the rest of the ship starts falling to pieces; a situation which doubtless led Starfleet to urgently reconsider the practice of giving command rank to somebody whose duties are only meant to involve uttering soothing self-help platitudes to depressed crew members, and saying "I'm sensing anger, Captain" whenever an alien on the viewscreen waves its tentacles about in a particularly vigorous manner. But luckily it all turned out OK, primarily due to other people of lesser rank knowing what to do, and they were able to carry on with the series

And to accompany that, a big piece of Sainsbury's coffee and walnut cake

Comment

Still -3°C out, but apparently we'll get to -4° later

Goodnight all

Comment

I woke up thinking it's a bit warm. That's cos due to snow it's only -3 degrees.

Comment

The boids 'n sqvirellsz must be frizzen. Fresh supply of raw chicken carcasses and bones from Hatto's butcher, mealworms and peanuts from the Jungle. Birdland© out there...Mad Cat lady has become obsessed.
              Last edited by Scruff; 11 February 2021, 08:59.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                The boids 'n sqvirellsz must be frizzen. Fresh supply of raw chicken carcasses and bones from Hatto's butcher, mealworms and peanuts from the Jungle. Birdland[emoji2400] out there...Mad Cat lady has become obsessed.
                Least the local rat population is also getting a good feed.

Comment

The hole people turned up at 7.01am.

Another long day for them.

Shopping delivered and now watching a liar on telly. His office background is a strange shade of red. I would call it blood coloured.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Least the local rat population is also getting a good feed.
                    The Cat in the Hat, ate the rat, says Dr Seuss...
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Dry out. The sun is trying to make an appearance but hazy high cloud is in the way. Currently -1 ('feels like' -3) degrees and will reach 1 later. No precipitation expected today. Light wind, from the east. Barometer has lept up to 1025 mBar.

Woke up earlier today but didn't get up any earlier

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      The first weekly weather forecast is published by the Meterological Office 1878

Comment

Working...
                      X