• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Blue white sky.

Sunny.

Cold. Very cold. 14.5 deg in here.

1022 mBar, 30.18 inHg, RH 51%.

Thursday judging by the racket made by the waste disposal and recycling engineering folks at 07:00.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the Siberian cold.

It's dashed chilly out there and the wind is even more lazy than a couple of days ago.

I see they're getting on with the new forest we're having.

Couldn't understand what all these peculiar looking white things were in a field above the res: they're the plastic tree protector tubes.

Largest Ever New Woodland to be Created in Wales - Woodland Trust

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 100% of 5, running average 84% (83.66%), 21k odd plays on that box.

Butterfly woke up & nearly scared the crap out of me. I've put it in the front bedroom which is cooler.

I don't suppose it'll survive, last year's didn't.

Lunch: Heinz potato and leek soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrison wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

3rd leg replaced on the garage work bench (the other one is okish so I left it.

Knackered now.

Afternoon entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E5, followed by Traffic Cops S1 E14.

There's a very crumpled black Fiat Seicento getting recovered.

In S2 E6 they have to unstick a transporter with a railway engine on it.

Scumbag just got CS sprayed. Disqualified, failed to stop, dangerous driving.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, being rather more fiery for its sojourn in the freezer of 3 weeks or so, random yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: yet more cops & scumbags.

NCIS S7 E1 "Truth or Consequences": wherein they go off on a bit of a trip to some African tuliphole* or other to rescue Ziva.

*Somalia.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 February 2021, 21:10.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Pre-Ops tests today.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Pre-Ops tests today.
        Hopefully all your bits will be in the right place when you're post-op

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Hopefully all your bits will be in the right place when you're post-op
          A buit will be removed. Lets just hope they get the right part.

Comment

BR14 gone again. Grrrrrrrrrrr

I think NAT probably got this right - but please don't tell NAT that. I just wish BR14 would accept that general is full of twunts.

I suppose at least he can get some work done....

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out

Cold though at -2°C, and things out the back where the sun won't reach until later are still covered in a thin layer from the final snow of yesterday, now augmented by frost I expect

Air pressure 1017/1025mB, which is a good bit higher than it was.

Forecast high temperature today is 1°, though cloud later is the price we pay. But looking ahead, next Tuesday is predicted to see a high of 10°, so we just have to get through it

Comment

Pre-Ops tests today.
                Good luck!

Comment

BR14 gone again. Grrrrrrrrrrr

I think NAT probably got this right - but please don't tell NAT that. I just wish BR14 would accept that general is full of twunts.

I suppose at least he can get some work done....
                  Banned thread seems to list mostly BR14, Old Greg and Zigenare recently. Not seen any of the posts. Maybe they should be moved to a separate abuse thread where we can read them, would be more interesting than a lot of stuff in General.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Banned thread seems to list mostly BR14, Old Greg and Zigenare recently. Not seen any of the posts. Maybe they should be moved to a separate abuse thread where we can read them, would be more interesting than a lot of stuff in General.
                    Having seen some of the bitching that goes on, I respectfully disagree.

There's a few people that just fundamentally don't get on and none of them can help themselves from having a dig. It's annoying to see threads be taken over by snarky comments that escalate into a virtual fist fight. I suspect, at one time, the snarky comment was a joke that had been misunderstood and thus the seeds of unnecessary escalation were born.

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X