• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Cloudy yet bright and sunny. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Showers forecast early afternoon. Barometer down to 1010 mBar

Laundry being done. Hoping it can go out on the washing line despite the risk of rain.

A fox keeps sleeping in my back garden. Not entirely sure I'm happy about that but I guess they have to sleep somewhere.

Comment

I put load #1 of the weekend's laundry on the line. It was warm and sunny with a gentle breeze.

Went to put load #2 out on the line. It had come over grey and moody and I felt spots of rain, so I didn't put load #2 out and instead brought in load #1.

Now the sun's come out again and the spots of rain didn't amount to anything.

Comment

Well that thunderstorm wasn't forecast! Although it was only one flash and a quick rumble.

Comment

Usual weathery luck for me. Walk with ll1 and it only started pouring when we got to the cafe.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Home again after heading south to visit my Dad. Quite a few heavy showers on the way down, and steady rain varying between heavy and very heavy when I got there

So I took him off to Old Warden aerodrome, home of the Shuttleworth Collection of vintage aircraft. We toured the six hangars full of planes, ranging from a 1909 Bleriot which is the oldest aircraft in the world that's still airworthy (and is flown regularly at their air shows), to First World War aircraft like the Sopwith Pup, up to a Spitfire, Sea Hurricane, Lysander, Anson, and other WWII aircraft. There's a few slightly later ones too

Then coffee and cake in their café, and I took him back home, the weather having cleared up by then. He said on the way back that it had been "a real treat"

Comment

Tea has been a Turkish mixed grill from the restaurant across town

Comment

Onwards with the John Wick films tonight, starting with John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019) because that had to be rewatched before the premiere: John Wick: Chapter 4 (2023). I reckon the third is the weakest of them all; it seems they thought they could get away with just throwing lots of big fight scenes in there from the start and stuffing bits of story in here and there later on, while the earlier two (particularly the first) made sure of establishing a solid story before moving towards total mayhem. The fourth recovers from this misstep, and is thus a satisfying conclusion to the series

And then a rewatch of Phone Booth (2002) which is one of those films whose premise sounds like it must be pretty ephemeral, but which is actually very good

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Lots of odd dreams last night, including someone getting shot in the head at one point, very CSI for some reason.

Damply dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 19.2 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1008 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1006 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of July Phil the Greek survived the celery soup by consuming some hulahoops (proper health food that), while covbob got a MillenniOM at the curious count of 314027. .

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yellow corner yog, some very lightly toasted toast with bramble jelly & marmalade, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: thing on PBS about a Turkish airlines crash in Schiphol. Boeing. Bad radar altimeter. Pilots not looking out the front.

Well there's a thing: the DF320 of yore.

I remember them back then. Tested on the inhouse designed & built ATE. I managed to avoid getting involved in programming those.

The metal lines on the ITT chips were always ramrod straight unlike the wobbly lines on the Siliconix chips. .

NZ Highway Patrol, NZ Motorway Cops: seen them before. They're obsessed with staying in lane.

Tea: first mediocre sample of chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Joy of Painting. No

Joy of Painting

Nasa's unexplained files: Soyuz 23 mission failure Oct 76: landed in a lake. Hindenberg fire 1933: layers of aluminium powder and iron powder with dope on fabric: burns well. Full moon knocks out the laser range finder experiment every full moon: however a lunar eclipse brought the signal back when the earth's shadow crossed the moon. Is there another earth on the far side of the sun? er, no. Atmospheric sprites caused by ionised nitrogen.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 September 2023, 17:53.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with occasional fluff. A light, cool breeze. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 18 forecast. Unlikely to rain. Barometer up a snifter to 1011 mBar.

Off to Sussex today where my brother and I are going to clear out my Dad's collection of ancient rusty tools and other assorted junk from the garage. The mini skip arrived on Friday morning. The weather down there is much the same as up here.

After the initial rumble, yeserday, there were more rumblings but no flashes for a little while and a quite an enthusiastic amount of rain. Rain was coming in the living room window, splashing off the ledge, but a bee decided to take shelter so I left it alone and just mopped up when it flew away.

Comment

Morning denizens

Lot of cloud floating around outside, but the sun's getting through the gaps often enough. Somewhat breezy too. Currently 17°C and no more than 18° expected, so proper summer Bank Holiday weekend conditions, with a 20% chance of rain soon to add to the effect. The barometers are back up slightly, at 998/1006mB

Comment

Working...
                      X