• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: sausages, chips and beans

Not particularly fancy sausages, even though they're M&S "Butcher's Choice" - it's their second-cheapest range, and they do a good job of tasting like the kind of sausages you'd get in a decent greasy spoon caff

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I was sure there were some left

Comment

Home, sweet home.

Pooped.

Back to work tomorrow. Much laundry needs to be done.

Comment

Blokes around about sunset filling in the hole where the water burst was. Just needs tarmaccing now. Quite impressed with how quickly they've sorted it.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Much the same as usual from the opal hunters tonight

Later, the gold hunters were fair to middling except for the team that found a 25oz nugget

And I also found time to read a load more of John Christopher's A Wrinkle in the Skin. His version of total societal collapse in the face of global catastrophe tends to be much more brutal, and so probably more realistic, than John Wyndham's

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

There's a layer of thin cloud out that will probably let some sun through once said orb rises high enough, and it promises to be another quite mild day; currently 14°C with 21° due later. The barometers are down somewhat at 1004/1012mB

Comment

^^^ Millenni Om.

Morning.

Tuesday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.4 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 17.5 deg in the leanto.

1013.5 mBar, 29.928 in Hg, 760.18 Torr, 14.699 psi, (down from 1016 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of July 2019 there was discussion of Stanley Kubrick filming the Apollo fakery on the moon. . And cheese.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom and occasional sunshine. Crapped on from a height so jacket in the WM along with a selection of other garments since the WM was in use. All pegged out on the line.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about private healthcare. <click>

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

The endless massacre of the brambles continues apace, with added black nightshade to boot.

The next bonfire will be enormous.

Tea: ham & lentil soup etc.

Entertainment: PM until the presenter irritated me and it went <click>

Colonel March of Scotland Yard. The fencing one with the evil philanderer.

Scotland Yard "Night Crossing". "Black" Woman washes up dead on the south coast. Who'd have thunk you could get a year in clink in the 50s for a bit of Indian hemp? This one featured an ?IBM? card sorter thingie. High tech stuff. It was looking for a black woman who was a drug addict and had a scar on her thigh. It found one. Trouble was she was still alive. You just can't trust this technology stuff.

JoP

Human Jungle S2 E11 "Heartbeats in a tin box" (1964). Teacher gives a kid a bit of a lamping. This one had Gerald Harper (Adam Adamant), Susan George, Ray McAnally, John Junkin, and Arnold Ridley.

Maigret and the old lady (1993) S4 E5. Naughty old lady.

Discovered earlier that despite emptying the pockets of the jeans of handkerchief, wallet, loose change, tissues etc. I'd forgotten the watch in the watch pocket and the shopping list in the back pocket. Ho hum. Watch still works, shopping list, not so much.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 October 2023, 10:21.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Lunch: roast beef bap (wholemeal)
                  Snap! (English Mustard?).
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with high level wispy stuff. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses. Barometer is a 1018 mBar.

Decided I will return to work tomorrow and get all the laundry done today.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Snap! (English Mustard?).
                      No, I'm not keen on mustard

Lunch today was a homemade sausage roll that's been languishing in the freezer for ages, last of a batch I made ages ago

It's been one of those frustrating days when everything takes ages because of needing minor stuff from other people before you can proceed, but they're busy with their own stuff so you don't ever feel like you're really getting moving. The vague sense of frustration decided to develop into a hint of headache by afternoon, which didn't help

To my horror, they're having some special day in London next month which I'm expected to attend - just a day in the office, but with annoying stuff like getting to know each other and probably team building nonsense of some kind, so not even doing anything productive

Not sure if I can get out of this one. I've already got out of the even bigger "away day" next week by dint of booking my flu and covid jabs for the same day (and I'm supposed to be on leave, come to that, though it looks like that won't be happening after all) but I'm not sure I can get out of this one as well

Comment

Working...
                      X