• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Looks positively scenic, though I don't suppose it'll settle much.
    Yeah, no, it's settling and outside now looks like it's going for an interview for a job on a Christmas card

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      The black cat was missing for a couple of days & reappeared this morning with a cone around his/her/its neck, looking rather miserable & irritated.

Bucked up a bit when I gave it some munchies.
      I would imagine that the best kind of cat is one that comes around now and again but returns to somebody else whenever something expensive, such as an injury requiring coning, happens

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I would imagine that the best kind of cat is one that comes around now and again but returns to somebody else whenever something expensive, such as an injury requiring coning, happens
        It's not the first time, he/she/it came back some years ago after 3 weeks or so with stitches & patches of fur shaved off.

Glad I didn't have to pay for it, my poor old cat was expensive enough.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just had a bit of shepherd's pie. Very tasty

Comment

And now a fry-up for tea. Delicious!

Comment

Tonight's telly has been the latest episode of Surgeons, followed by about half of the latest Glasgow station thing

No signs of a thaw out there; currently -2°C

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Lovely sunrise earlier, but a bit of ice on the cars
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, dry, a bit of a breeze. Currently -1 degrees ('feels like' -3) with a high of 4 later. Cloud cover set to increase as the evening progresses. Barometer up to 1015 mBar.

This morning's excitement was R4 going off air around 0740 for about 15 minutes. Some kind of alarm tip out at what ever broadcasting centre they were using this morning. I thought they had the presenters in different locations to avoid that?

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
                  'Godzilla' receives a star on the 'Hollywood Walk of Fame' 2004

The 'Grammy Awards' are first televised on NBC 1959

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Frosty.

Cold in here at 13.9 deg.

1015 mBar, 29.97 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 62% RH.

Monday.

Some of the shine taken off the telex machine by the great improvement on the Today programme this morning: the history of the T shirt being much more inneresting than their usual pointless irritating burblings.

Bring back Jack de Manio. Precisely.

Walk (unabbreviated & unextended) walked. Got quite chilled towards the end, which was unusual.

Whilst the res was ice free (despite being the highest), the fishpond and the first pond both had indications of ice and some disgruntled water birds.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt oat & barley toast, 2x bramble jelly sandwiches on same (because I'm worth it), a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz Customs thing.

Transpires that NCIS S17 E20 was the last ep of S17 so there's no S18 E1 this evening on 5USA.

Freecell score: 100% (of 7), running average 84%.

Tea: chicken in white sauce (out of a can) with rice & peas, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Edward G. Robinson.

Joy of Painting: the was strong in this one

Quantum Leap: the one with the black elderly pool hustler.

Thing on BBC2 about Charlestown in Cornwall.

NCIS LA S10 E4 "Hit List": where all our heroes are on a hit list.

The Oak Island nutjobs S8 E12 "Digging their heels in".

Guess wot? they found more wood. And an iron nail. and a leather boot heel from 1492 to 1666 according to C14.

Next week: they find more wood, a modern padlock, and a lock off a chest.

With no NCIS: Secrets in the Ice on blaze.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 November 2021, 22:01.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, but it isn't helping much yet: currently -2°C, and the best to be expected during the day is 3°, dropping to 2° again by nightfall. But tonight it starts to warm up, reaching 9° by the early hours; go figure

The barometers are bouncing back up too, at 10017/1015mB.

Comment

Working...
                      X