• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

bacon buttie for breakfast, Millie is giving the pan a pre-wash. The Wifetm was up in Surrey at a company Christmas party last night, so this morning I need to do a bit of wrapping, then walk The Dogtw , pick up some stuff for tomorrow’s neighbourhood drinks, and get a tree. Might go to the beach for the walk…
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with a bit of hazy something or other. Patio tiles wet, implying there's been some early morning rain. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 3) with a high of 7 expected. Cloud cover due to increase as the day progresses with more overnight/early hours rain forecast. Barometer down to 999 mBar.

Up early for a Saturday as Royal Mail are collecting a couple of parcels that their site says the Post Office won't accept. It's 60p per parcel to have them picked up which isn't too bad but is slightly annoying that I can't take a 10 min walk up the road to drop them off.

And, despite it being chilly out, I have windows open as I need a bit of fresh air in the flat.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
      Xavier Bettel becomes Luxembourg's first openly gay Prime Minister 2013

French couture house 'Chanel' ends its use of fur and exotic skins 2018

Comment

More of a Stones sort of chap really, though the bedroom had Beatles(tm) wallpaper or two strips thereof back in the day.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cold. 13.5 deg in here (10 deg in the leanto).

Barometer has leapt up to 1001 mBar, 29.56 in Hg, 750.8 Torr, 63% RH.

Saturday for Yet Another Long Dark Teatime of the Soul that weekends appear to have become.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine and cold icy wind. It was pleasant enough in places where it wasn't windy, and unpleasant in the places where it was.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: none.

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/...?status=closed

According to Strangelove Sorror, Strangelove paternal grandfather worked as a projectionist at the Gnoll Hall Kinema back in the day after going bankrupt as a butcher.

Freecell score: 100% (of 8), running average 84%.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens/NZ plod thing as the advert breaks allowed.

Tea: the first of Ye Fiery Bol with spag, two yogs, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens.

Scotland Yard with Edgar Lustgarten: the silent gun, Geoffrey Keen starring in this one.

Ancient Aliens: dear old Wernher inspired by the Roswell Aliens to get us to the moon in 1969. The narrator manages to mispronounce his surname very consistently. "I aimed for the stars & sometimes hit London".

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 December 2021, 18:38.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The postie has collected my parcels. We did a swap - I took the letters, he took my parcels.

Glad he arrived quite early as the upper bound of the collection slot was 2pm and I didn't fancy waiting in for half the day. Not that I had plans but it's more the fact that I couldn't make any

Now off to Sainsbury's to pick up from Argos and buy those doughnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            do a bit of wrapping…
            tick
            walk The Dogtw ,
            tick
            pick up some stuff for tomorrow’s neighbourhood drinks…
            Tick

and get a tree. …
            next on list

Might go to the beach for the walk…
            tick. Fossils found, some given to strangers who were searching for them in the wrong places.

Comment

I still haven't been to Sainsbury's. The postie came back as he had missed a small parcel for me (cards from Thortful) so I ended up being distracted by writing those out for friends and family and putting away the cards I'd bought ahead for next year.

Then I started reading the Torygraph and getting annoyed by some of the utter trite contained therein.

I might have another coffee then head up the road.

Comment

Tree purchased from a local nursery that I’ve not been to before, but will be going back to based on what they were growing. Also bought 25kg of local potatoes (£7.50) which should do us for 6 months. Now to do a tip run and that should be me for the day.

Comment

Walked down to Sainbury's finally. Fluffy clouds now very much evident but still some blue poking though. A bit of a chilly breeze about but it's still dry.

Mask wearing (staff and customers) was about 65/35 on/off.

Doughnuts bought and was very disappointed by the amount of sugar coating them. A good doughnut only needs a light dusting, not a thick coat of the stuff.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Back on the drizzle out there, and only 6°C which isn't much when you think about it, but I suppose it's better than it could be. Barometers are further down at 986/994mB

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Working...
                      X