• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: chicken and barley soup

Comment

I have just been made aware of the existence of this film: Beyond the Infinite Two Minutes (2020) that I now feel compelled to find and watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I have just been made aware of the existence of this film: Beyond the Infinite Two Minutes (2020) that I now feel compelled to find and watch.
        Looks good!

Bit of rain arrived here around sunset, which wasn't forecast.

Tea has been pork loin steaks with chips and beans

Accompanied by an episode of the programme about the Highways Agency people on the M6

Comment

The bed has been made, having been airing since lunchtime, complete with full fat duvet

We'll probably have an Indian summer now and I'll be unable to sleep because of the excessive warmth

Comment

Keep having to rescue waspies in the house, coming from that nest in the attic. Don't understand how they are getting down here, the attic hatch is pretty tight fitting, doesn't look like enough space for them to get through.

Had to take over accounts and stuff for the U3A (old farts) art group now loony lady 2 has gone. I am the official group leader!!! POWER!!! They must all bow before me.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

We'll probably have an Indian summer now and I'll be unable to sleep because of the excessive warmth
              I use two or three thinnish duvets when it's cold. More flexible, chuck one off if you wake up warm, and easier to wash too.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

I use two or three thinnish duvets when it's cold. More flexible, chuck one off if you wake up warm, and easier to wash too.
                Good idea - I might do something like that next time I go for a duvet upgrade

Comment

A new series of the opal hunters started tonight, with one lot managing to make AUS$120K

Before that, I read a chunk more of Pax. Vespasian is starting to get uppity…

Goodnight all

Comment

Isn't AUD 120k about £3.50?

Remembered to put the bins out just before heading up to bed. Rubbish and food waste.

I upgraded to my 10.5 tog duvet when I last changed the bed linen.

My brother called earlier to tell me that the lady from the Dementia Service is coming on Wednesday afternoon to give mum her diagnosis. It was that or December and, seeing as she needs to get on some pills asap, there is no reason to delay.

Comment

Oh and I'll have a little 'chury for my troubles too

Comment

Working...
                      X