• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11am meeting with The Dog was raining, but dry by the end. Might move the 2pm one to 2.30.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      There was some loud banging of heavy metal objects resounding through the premises earlier. I think this must be something to do with the lift engineer vans parked outside. I hope they were doing maintenance rather than smashing them up; I use the stairs most of the time, but I'm not keen on bringing the shopping up that way
      Drilling now, which seemed so close that I went and poked my nose out of the flat door. There, I saw the strange sight of the window in the lift door illuminated from within, but with the brick wall of the shaft lit up in there instead of the inside of the lift!

I wonder if they're fixing the thing that makes it stop about an inch too high when it comes down from the floor above? I tripped getting in to it because of that at least three times when I first moved here

Comment

For tea tonight, one of those nice steak & caramelised onion burgers in a toasted sesame bun with tomato relish, and fries

Comment

TFBSZ.
          The Wife had an appointment with her consultant this afternoon - he was very happy with how well her left eye was healing, tomorrow it’s a new lens for the right eye. Drop her off at 2.30, pick her up at 5, or something like that.

Comment

Tonight's only viewing was the first episode of Parole on iPlayer, in which parole boards interview convicts to decide whether they get out or not.

Other than that, various bits of reading passed the time.

And I also got a bedding wash done and dried over the course of the late afternoon/evening

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start after some quite heavy rain overnight. Currently a measly 4°C but soaring to 9° later. The barometers are up a bit at 1006/1014mB. And it's Friday!

Comment

Morning all
                CBS, etc.
                TFIF, etc.
                The Wife has decided she wants to walk The Dog this morning as she'll be shut in hospital all afternoon.

Comment

Morning all

The sun is shining, the sky is blue with occasional wispy bits. There's a light frost on the car. It's currently 4 degreed with a high of 11 expected. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses with rain forecast this evening / overnight. Barometer up to 1019 mBar.

The bed has been stripped and is airing. I also turned the mattress as it's not been done for over a year. (Mine can only be turned 'around' rather than 'over') As I'm about to pop downstairs to make another cuppa, I'll take the linen down to get that going in the WM.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  TFBSZ.
                  The Wife had an appointment with her consultant this afternoon - he was very happy with how well her left eye was healing, tomorrow it’s a new lens for the right eye. Drop her off at 2.30, pick her up at 5, or something like that.
                  HWMBO is up for lens replacement soon as he's got really bad cataracts. Glad to hear that The Wife is doing well!

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Misty Moisty.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 13.4 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1016 mBar, 30 in Hg, 762.06 Torr, 14.735 psi, (up from 1013 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of July 2019 NF was light headed, WTFH got a 503 error, it was raining around here, and I watched a thing about the Apollo Conspiracy wherein Mr Aldrin decked a nay sayer to everyone's great satisfaction. I miss the Smithsonian channel.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: some guff about digital currency. Bring back the gold standard.

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 86% (85.848%).

Took down the kitchen window net curtain (no idea why it there) and washed it, then washed the filth on the windowsill.

As soon as the curtain was pegged out on the line the sun went in & it started raining.

I'm sure the two dehumidifiers blowing on it will dry it out.

Entertainment: Who's died this week & Feedback. Where's Roger wotsit gone?

Tea: having sorted the tins into date order: Heinz soup BBE 2022 etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S7 E10 Subaru Impreza WRX: the one that had one MOT after they'd worked on it.

Coast & Country on ITV.

Swedish Customs thing on quest. More frog fat?
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 November 2023, 19:00.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

All bed linen has been laundered and draped about. I could have put it out on the line in hindsight but I'm not going to bother moving it now.

Lunch is a fish finger sandwich

Comment

Working...
                      X