• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK let us out and the Portuguese let us in!

Let the holiday commence!

It is 24 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

Comment

Lucky sod. Went to Portugal once with the missus, brill, apart from some church bells ringing all hours of the night near one of the hotels.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        The UK let us out and the Portuguese let us in!

Let the holiday commence!

It is 24 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

Comment

Delicious Sunday tea of roast gammon, chips, beans and fried eggs

Since this afternoon it's been raining more often than not, usually fairly heavily. But it seems to be holding off at the moment

Comment

Bit of Traffic Cops watched

Early night now.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, which isn't what was forecast

Only 14°C though, striving for 19°, and it's expected to cloud over later and rain again tonight; barometer steady at 997/1004mB

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky with white fluffy clouds.

Not currently sunny.

21.2 deg in here.

1002 mBar, 29.6 in Hg, 67% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine shining.

<hiatus>

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Raining.

Glad we cleared that up.

The curious noise in the road turned out to be a gully sucker doing the needful doings to the drain 2 doors down.

Haven't seen a live one in years which probably explains the rivers of water that flow down the gutters every time it rains a bit.

I wonder if it did anything to the drain with the grass growing out of it a bit further up.

Walk walked.

Drain seems clear.

Drain at top of hill well on the way to being blocked again.

Next door's small lawn duly sprinkled with moss killer stuff, during which the spreader thing broke.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I see the clegs are about again. Ho hum.

Killed the first one yesterday.

An afternoon spent potching in the shed repairing the weedkiller spreader thing's handle.

The el cheapo B&Q chinese pillar drill is in actuality quite usable now it's on a bench.

Needs more lights though, since the single 100W one leaves shadows.

IIRC I bought it more than 20 years ago, maybe 25 years ago.

Tea: the rest of the chicken & sausage with carrots & onions, some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea:

Entertainment: Discovering Gene Wilder on Sky Arts.

STNG: Nemesis.

That was much better than I'd expected.

NCIS S16 E24: "Daughters".

Ah, that explains the plural.

S17 E1 next week.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 July 2021, 21:55.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's dry and humid, cloudy this morning. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 24 later. The sun will be burning off the cloud over the course of the morning and it's due to be lovely and sunny later.

Just awaiting breakfast to be delivered and we're planning what to do with our day.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  The Juno space probe arrives at Jupiter and begins a 20-month survey of the planet 2016

Comment

Annuvver Street View thing, nice little red and blue ghost flowers at left:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.1427...7i16384!8i8192

Damn it, meant right!
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 5 July 2021, 16:23.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X