• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Took a walk to view a local property. Actually far better than I expected it to be but not what I'm after.

I have a hunch I have found "the one" but have to wait until Thursday to see it. I am, however, the first person in the 1500 - 1745 window the tenant has offered for viewings. I decided finding a home was more important than impressing my new client in my first week on the job.
    Yes, it's definitely harder to work from home if you don't have one - they ought to respect your sense of priorities

Comment

The car earlier was a Porsche 996, watched on recording because of the Apple thing. Whilst dining there was the new series of the gold diggers. And after that, the chaps in the cowboy hats went to Texas to fail to find a silver mine that probably never existed anyway

Still very tired, so I suppose I'd better get some sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, already 13°C with 21° anticipated, but accompanied by increasing cloud. The barometers are marginally down at 1005/1013mB

I had a rubbish night's sleep, broken by dreams that were somewhat unsettling but only in rather boring ways. In one case I can remember, I was using a gas cooker whose rings kept relighting after I'd turned them off. Annoying and a tad Sisyphean, but I'm not sure it would give Dr. Freud much to talk about for the rest of the hour

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Slightly less chilly in here at 18.2 deg.

1009 mBar, 29.5797 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.634 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 72% RH.

Tuesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked. Picking with rain. TV Times purchased.

Twisty little passages: the new electrick DeLorean, thence to "Motoring in the 1950s", hence to "Pool Petrol", whence to RON and MON octane ratings.

Turns out that "pool petrol" had an octane rating of 75 for The Good Stuff, with an octane rating of 68 for the commercial vehicle stuff.

In 1952 the Government refused to increase the rating to 80 since that would either increase the amount of lead or decrease the amount of fuel available.

No wonder stuff pinked back in the day.

I can remember petrol at 4/8d a gallon (can't remember what * rating that was), whilst **, ***, ****, and ***** was all available.

5* disappeared in 1973 with the oil crisis IIRC, while there was never much 3* about.

Feck me, I feel I'm a real .

The pool petrol thing continued onwards to Avgas, Spitfire engines, two stage compressors, and other delights. .

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Raining now with that extra wet drizzly type rain that's wetter than wet can be.

Freecell score in the ongoing drizzle:94%, running average 85% (84.686%).

Tea: Tesco battered cod, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pint of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Nicholas Cage.

Farscape S3 E4 "Self inflicted Wounds Part II: wait for the wheel" interminable death of character one: in two parts when one would have sufficed.

Wheeler Dealers 1970 VW Fastback which I have some slight recollection thereof, but not much. Now waiting for the fat git to STFU (on mute as per normal) & the inneresting spannering bit to commence.

It's a tad simpler than yesterday's 996 which is a very distant and vastly more complicated nephew. .

So that's how to adjust torsion bar suspension.

Another car I don't want.

Oh, that's a good idea, they don't have salt on the road in California so drive it on the beach instead.

Oddly enough, as soon as motormouth comes on the programme, so does <mute>

FBI S1 E16 "Invisible". the kidnapping one.

The Bad Skin Clinic on Quest Red: the usual assortment of ailments: the psoriasis sufferer was particularly badly affected, while the rhinophyma chap had an impressive lump chopped off his nose.

Paranatural: Alien Encounters: yet more UFO bollox on Blaze, with Nick wotshisface (Pope, not Fitz) doing his usual commentary.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 June 2022, 22:10.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It was dry earlier on our walk, now a bit damp out.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky has returned. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 20 later. Showers expected this afternoon / evening. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Bin bags have been trundled to the pile on the pavement.

Comment

Morning.

Sunny for once.

Doing some washing.

Waiting for another meeting.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch has been the remainder of the foreign ham, distributed between a cob and a couple of slices of seedy bloomer as there was quite a bit left; all accompanied by a bag of plain crisps

And before that I discovered a bug whereby certain data was being retrieved for display on a page, then immediately thrown away due to somebody using = instead of += on the next line; a change which was introduced last summer, according to the Git history, and which notably has not caused any tests to fail

So I think I'd better construct a decent test and get it to fail correctly before adding the missing + and miraculously restoring the data that nobody had noticed was missing for the last ten months

Comment

The scaffolding is gone!

In less joyous news, it turns out the decorators painted one of my windows shut. I'm inclined to say nothing, seeing as I have to move out in 6 weeks.

Thursday afternoon has been marked as 'OOO' so I can squeeze in a load of viewings. Only the first one is really of interest but I want to find a place this week as the new stuff coming on the market isn't available until August.

Comment

As the very lovely caretaker was out the front when I popped out to look at a flat up the road, I did mention the window. Him and one of the decorators popped down to loosen it up for me.

The risk of rain appears to have abated. It's a gloriously warm and sunny day out.

Comment

Working...
                      X