• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been to a neighbour's 90th BD party. Rather nice. Had a whole pint of lager, most booze I've had in 2 years. Wondering if I need dinner after all the nibbles.

PS But I suppose my little puppet parrot will be hungry.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sad now. Nipped down to the shed to get something in the dark and accidentally trod on a little slug.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        the increasingly lurgy-like symptoms this afternoon are probably hay fever; apparently ragweed pollen can be a thing at this time of year
        Er, isn't ragweed a septic thing?

We have ragwort in this country which isn't quite the same thing.

Well there's a thing:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52367688

Well there's another thing:

https://www.ceh.ac.uk/news-and-media...orthern-europe

Non stop allergies from January to November.

Stop the world I want to get off.

Then again:

https://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/ragweed
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 September 2021, 20:56.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been beef scouse and sesame bloomer

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Er, isn't ragweed a septic thing?

We have ragwort in this country which isn't quite the same thing.
            Invaded years ago, apparently

But apparently nettles and dock, among other things, can also produce a fair amount of pollen at this time of year.

Comment

Club runs again tonight after spending the day talking about one of the six systems we will be migrating to

Dinner was cod and mushy pea fiscakes with Asparagus. Very nice. As I got a load of Asparagus we now have soup on the hob.

Realised I had been unfair to the Voyeurs it actually had a decent twist at the end and the lead actress is rather gorgeous in a "girl next door with big frontage" kind of way. Worth a watch.

Currently on "The Somme 1916 from both sides of the wire" (iplayer) - interesting.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Ah, probably not ragweed then. Perhaps it's nettles growing along the embankment either side of the railway bridge, a hundred yards or so away

Telly tonight has been the rest of the Icelandic murder thing, which seems like a 1970s fit-up in the finest traditions of policing back then, followed by the start of Storyville - Toffs, Queers and Traitors: The Extraordinary Life of Guy Burgess

The lurgy has finally worn off for the most part, having tired me out enough that I'm getting an early night

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Turned the early alarms off so I could have a bit of a lie-in, as it's not like I do anything in particular when I wake earlier; I probably could do with the extra sleep more then the extra doomscrolling

Feel moderately refreshed thereby

It's a sunny start out, though still only 13°C; it's expected to reach 21° later, no rain is predicted, and the barometers are up a bit at 1009/1017mB ​​​​​​​

Comment

Morning all The earlier mist is burning off nicely. Looks like it's going to be a good day to cancel late afternoon meetings.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry.

Chilly at 20 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 760.4 Torr, 73% RH.

Thursday.

Walk walked in the intermittent sunshine.

<- Me now & during "Joy of Painting" last evening.

Lunch: Heinz beanz on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toazt, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Return of the Bad Men (1948)" with that Randolph Scott chap and that Robert Ryan guy.

Total historical nonsense but there you go.

Billy The Kid was (allegedly) long dead by the time of the Oklahoma landrush, and there's no evidence that The Sundance Kid ever went to Oklahoma either.

Some minor potching done in the salting house due to knackeredness being somewhat overwhelming.

Some rough weeding done in the bramble decimation and honeysuckle chopping way.

Tea: the penultimate fiery chilli con carne with rice, some fruit salad, a yog 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entetainment: Discovering Bruce Willis: oddly enough they didn't mention the vast quantity of absolute crap he's turned out recently: the infamous one day on the shoot type of crap discussed elsewhere.

The Cold War Spy thing.

Joy of Painting which successfully sent me to sleep. Om.

A short part of Great British Railway journeys which featured a trip on the Blaenavon steam railway.

Some nonsense on More4 about Fix it for Cash, which featured a Blaupunkt Radiogram from the very late 1950s lowboy style.

The chap working on this actually seems to know wtf he's doing which makes a pleasant change. .

He's even got a Variac and a couple of lightbulbs in series to gently apply power without the risk of loud bangs. *

In other news, one of the new security lights is playing up, being on all the time.

If it doesn't buck its ideas up it'll be back to the shop tomorrow.

I hate taking stuff back.

But Chinese crap should work even if it's Chinese crap.

*Well that was uninspiring. I dunno where they find these people but I've never seen anyone dismantle a switch bank before.

Or add bluetooth to a 60 year old radiogram.

Never mind, apparently it sold for £600 to some idiot or other.

A programme even more dubious than the Repair Shop thing,
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 September 2021, 21:34.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X