• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

Morrisons is now regularly more expensive than even Sainsburys. Plus their scheme seems designed to simply insult their customers.

Worth saying we spent 20+ years shopping at Morrisons and we now go to Sainsburys instead.
    Oh dear. Looks like I'll have to carry on going to the variously sized Sainsburyses then

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Probably due to being taken over by Septic scum.
      Odd how that never seems to turn out well, yet it keeps happening

Comment

Lunch has been a sausage bap with red sauce

The sausages in question were Sainsbury's TTD generic pork ones. They're good enough as a standard kind of sausage

Comment

Evening all

Apologies for the tardiness.

Today has been a mix of sunshine and showers with temps up 16 degrees.

HWMBO and I have mooched around the hotel, having a relaxing day. We're now in the 'Local Pub' having a predinner beverage.

Comment

Tea has been a Pukka chicken and mushroom pie with chips, peas and gravy, which was very nice indeed

And some jeans have been put through the wash

Comment

TFBSZ.
              Got a few bits of (unpaid) work next week, having snaffled half a rhubarb crown from a friend, she wants me to come round and prune her apple tree. I also need to let a plumber in to the beach house for him to do a couple of repairs and check up on a tree surgeon who is doing work on the neighbour’s hedge at the beach house. This may also mean that me and The DogTW get to have a couple of walks on the beach now they’ve repaired the bridge from the car park.

Anyone want to place a bet on how long/where I sleep tonight? I’m guessing 4 hours, mostly in the spare room.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After the usual Sunday New Zealand police stuff earlier, this evening's viewing started with The Repair Shop, of which I still have many, many episodes in hand

And then a couple of old episodes 24 Hours in A&E

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Almost bright.

Less chilly in here at 11.4 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto, 7.5 deg in the saltinghouse.

1025 mBar, 30.2682 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, (up from 1022 last night), 66% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine glowing.

Back complaining vigorously.

Smalls in the WM.

Meanwhile back on the 20th of April 2019 NF had finished reading a book borrowed from his brother, "Blind Ambition" by John Dean, while Xogg had been looking up strange words, and I was downing antihistamines like a good un.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Sun's out.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Shopping trips to Morrisons & Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Caught the bus back across the river which saved my legs from a mile of stagger.

Shirts in off the line & in the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog (penultimate until the price gets cut again), 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts out of the TD and roughly iRoned, now airing upstairs.

Combination of underpants and cottons in the TD, these being the items closest to dry on the line.

There's a couple of pillowslips in there that I bought to see what they're like. Not impressed so far, but they'll do at a pinch.

I wish Shaws had delayed going bust until I'd bought more stuff off them. Finding the equivalents elsewhere is a pain the arse.

The new pillowslips look like they should last at least 3 washes before disintegrating. .

Cottons & socks in off the line & in the TD.

The towels remain out there since they might just dry a little whereas they'll dry not at all in the laundry basket.

Cottons & socks out of the TD, the pillowslips duly iRoned.

Towels into the TD having dried very little more while they waited on the line.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S17 E8 1987 Renault 5 GT Turbo: bought £6k, Total: £7796, sold (to the previous owner, that old favourite): £11k. Looked nice.

Towels out of the TD & airing upstairs. The socks haven't been aired yet.

Joy of Painting: E11: the sloping grassy knoll one. . Well that was odd. Not quite the grassy knoll I was expecting. Didn't start snoring until 19:49 on this one.

Dr Pimplepopper S3 E12: lady with a remarkable lipoma on the back of her head.

Curse of Oak Island S9 E19. "Shoal me the money". As feckin if.. We ain't found tulip this week so we'll go looking to see if we can't find tulip in the sea instead just for a change, like. .

Big magnetometer signal off Frog island.

Junk of iron on lot 8.

And wood, more wood, mud, an iron spike, wood, muddy wood, and water from the latest can.

The excitement is overwhelming.

Gary is even more irritating than usual.

Secrets in the Ice. Siberia: burial site: body wrapped in tree bark. Vehicle lost by Bird turns up in an iceberg. Ice caves on Mt St Helens. Mammoths on St Paul Island Alaska thousands of years after they'd died out on the mainland.

The narrator is even more fecking irritating than fecking Gary is fecking irritating. It's the twat that over emphasises stuff on Trucking Hell.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 January 2023, 22:54.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Following a chat with ll1 yesterday, thought I'd go through my various collectable items to see if any are worth anything. Waste of time checking online. Got 2 perfect condition commemorative coins of 1981 Charles/Diana wedding. From Google could be worth anything between £2.99 to £80,085.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X