• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Another frosty start to a sunny day here. It's now rocketed up to 2°C on its way to 7° though, and such frosty bits as have seen the sun have defrosted, though that excludes much of the lawn and many of the cars parked around it. The barometers are down a bit at 1026/1035mB

This time tomorrow I'll have resumed work for ClientGov

First thing I did after rising today was to divvy up the Scotch broth that had cooled overnight ready to go in the freezer when I've made room, so at least there'll be options for lunch when I'm back at the grindstone

Comment

Lunch, inevitable, has been Scotch broth; accompanied by a couple of slices of wholemeal. The broth has turned out very nice again

Comment

The government department with which I shall be resuming work in the morning is now a different department

Comment

Tea has been pork chops with chips and beans

Comment

Uneventful day at work. Went to the dentist.

Watched some of The Handmaid's Tale, Trucking Hell and Eurovision nonsense.

Comment

Bits of outside work completed, along with a rather pleasant walk with The DogTW
              Now TFBSZ.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a BMW 8 series; it went to live in Ireland, so there's no word as to its long term fate. And some of the gold diggers did remarkably well; a 12oz nugget goes a long way

Later, S3E4 of The Handmaid's Tale.

I suppose I have to start getting to bed at a more reasonable time now I'm going back to ClientGov

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Goodnight all
                  Goodnight Nick.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Bright and sunny. Frosty. Some high level wisps. Weather app says it's foggy. Currently -4 with a high of 7 expected. Barometer down to 1034 mBar.

More faffing at work today. There's a chance one of the reports that was due before Christmas is going to go live.

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday apparently.

Woke unbidden at 05:58, read book, went back to sleep (eventually) until a more reasonable hour when dawn had passed.

Dry.

Sunny. Very. .

Cold in here at 10.7 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 4 deg in the leanto.

1032.5 mBar, 30.4897 in Hg, 774.44 Torr, 14.975 psi, (down from 1035 last night), 67% RH (GDR hair), 62% (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 24th of April the drought (we had a drought?) was broken and I got soaked, whilst the brambles were rejoicing and MS was Counting Down plus WTFH's hen was laying an egg.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the bright sunshine & chilly coldness.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg (the tomato was good in parts the other parts were removed) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, red (the other other other red, not the other red or the other other red) yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about fraudster holiday seller and the vape industry explaining why WEE came as a complete surprise and that it can take up to £1.50 to dispose of a £5 device.

TWATO. Waffling on about the usual obsessions of the moment.

In a fit of unbounded enthusiasm the ridge of the tin shed roof has been painted with bitumen paint in a no doubt vain attempt to make it last a little longer since I can't figure out a safe way to replace it at the moment. Feck nose how Ernie put it up there in the first place, about 60 years ago. The sheeting is asbestos cement so I can't climb on that.

Said painting was done with a brush on a stick left by Strangelove Pater that's resided unappreciated where the greenhouse used to be.

It lasted exactly as long as needed, then broke.

At the same time more branches of the apple tree were pruned since a) they were in my way, and b) they were in my way, and c) they needed pruning.

I can feel a lovely bonfire coming on.

I have a photo from when I bought the house where you can just about see the topmost branches of said tree peeping over the top of the shed.

It's growed a bit since then. .

Tea: meatballs in chilli sauce with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S7 E5 Triumph Stag: the red one never passed another MOT. White one: bought: £3k4 (ebay), Total: £4529, Sold: £5k5 (with a "new" 2nd hand roof). MOT until November 2023.

Looking at that diff removal, I did that on my Granada with axle stands and a trolley jack. Stone me how did I manage it?

Who do you think you are? Derek Jacobi.

Dr Pimplepopper: chap (drag artiste) with a lump on his butt, chap with "cyst henge" on his head, woman with remarkably fat upper arms.

Who do you think you are?: Paul Merton.

Switched over to Really "My Feet are Killing Me": woman with cutaneous horns on her feet. .

The Bad Skin Clinic. Woman with spotty bum. Paging Xogg, Paging Xogg.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 February 2023, 22:03.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X