• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Not much attention was paid to the US border stuff today because their terrible manners are rather off-putting. And the NZ police was all old hat; I've lost count of how many times I've seen that caravan with the broken wheel

I did a bit of experimenting with adding custom project templates to Xcode, but despite following precisely the methods outlined in two separate tutorials on the subject, it didn't work. Mind you, they were for Xcode 13 and I'm on 14, which could do with a bug fix release because it has several problems that really should never have made it past QA; so maybe it's not my fault

And this evening, a few old episode of 24 Hours in A&E though I'll be running out of them soon and will have to find something useful to do instead

Monday again tomorrow and, even worse, not a Bank Holiday

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been Scotch broth out of the failing freezer

With this warm weather, it's only managing to get down to about -11°C, so I think the last of its contents need to be used up sooner rather than later

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: ham toasties

Still very nice out; no sign of thunderstorms yet

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Trying to find someone to do the hedge for me.
    morning everyone
    I can hedge your bets?

V pleasant morning here.
    got another week or so before i come out of retirement (for the third time)
    I suppose that means i'll have to tolerate moronic PM's again.
    oh, well

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The bed has been stripped and left airing. The first load is in the WM and the rotary WL has been deployed in readiness.

No visit to Mum this weekend but she did get visited by one of her sisters and their husband yesterday (a couple she fell out with about 30 years ago and has barely spoken to since).

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start again, with a bit of a high haze which is expected to clear later. It's already up to 19°C and will be reaching 23° again, so all the windows are open once more. The barometers are dropping though, being down to 1002/1010mB, presaging a cooler week ahead. We're just on the edge of the big yellow area for which the Met Office are warning of possible thunderstorms, which perhaps explains the 35% chance of rain at an unspecified time

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny, blue sky with wispy fluff. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 27 expected. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

Ache from the meagre bit of gardening I did yesterday but more to do today. I'd like to finish the path clearance and deal with the triffids growing on the driveway.

Trying to find someone to do the hedge for me.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.1 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1008 mBar, 29.766 in Hg, 756.1 Torr, 14.62 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 27th of September 2019 NF was replete with tinned soup which was problematic in regards of The Big Chicken post roasting so he decided to make stock with the remains instead of soup, whilst his local bin situation was approaching critical, my previous humidity meter thing bit the dust when its chip died, to much distress, and LM had enough of work at 15:30 so went home, plus discussion of scotch eggs and their origins.

Mood not improved this morning by a smoke alarm going off for no reason at 05:15.

It rapidly lost its battery & was very lucky not to meet the club hammer.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine. Quite pleasant today.

Orange tipped white butterflies, white unspecified butterflies, and an ex slow worm who was too slow avoiding being run over. .

Lunch: beans on toast etc. Living the dream.

Entertainment: some R4 piffle about the latest SNP incumbent. What sort of tedious mofo is interested in politics at 15?

"It's a fair cop" S8 E6: domestic abuse: this one wasn't very funny. Odd that.

There was an adapted 87th Precinct epic on this morning: to whit: "Columbo: No Time To Die" based, apparently, on "So Long as you both shall live". Oddly I couldn't be bothered to watch it.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:13.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    CBS, etc here.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    There was a lot going on in Monkey Life today, with Silvestre the young male orangutan moving to Switzerland to take up a new job heading a family over there. Meanwhile in the park, the Argentinian chimps were having problems integrating because the mother/sister got upset when the son/brother was mingling with the other chimps in their group; they only mixed with each other in their old place. So one of them was moved to a different group, and it turned out they were fine with that, and are both settling in a lot better as a result

This evening, I read One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, which I've read before but this time it was a different translation. Very good, of course, in both versions

No sign of the aurora so far

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Judging by some of the photos I've seen online it was really quite striking in parts
    Yes, I've seen a couple taken locally that are very impressive. Just dug out my phone tripod in case it turns up again

Tea was from Nando's. It was very much as one would expect, i.e. nice enough but hardly haute cuisine

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Some potching about has been done in the front garden. Half the path has been cleared before my knees complained too much and it's now possible to get through the gate without feeling like you're in an Indiana Jones film.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I'll keep an eye out tonight. I may even pop down the road to the park as that has a good, unobstructed view to the north and is very dark at night, which will presumably help if the aurora's a bit faint
    Judging by some of the photos I've seen online it was really quite striking in parts

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No sign of the aurora borealis last night but there could well be another light show this evening / early Sunday day morning.
    I'll keep an eye out tonight. I may even pop down the road to the park as that has a good, unobstructed view to the north and is very dark at night, which will presumably help if the aurora's a bit faint

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Meanwhile on the 27th of September 2019 NF had remembered to start the WM he'd forgotten to start the day before…
    That reminds me, I need to stick some laundry on

Leave a comment:

Working...
X