• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Not sure how it applies to something manufactured in 1945, when the usual method of dipping headlights was for the driver's side headlamp to go off completely and a car only required one windscreen wiper.
    I was also wondering about the large pickaxe mounted on the side (along with a shovel). Would that amount to an offensive weapon, or is there an exemption given that it was fitted to the vehicle at the time of manufacturing?

Comment

We had a tail wag earlier.

Not sure whether it is the pain killers making her feel woozy or that the pain is getting stronger.
      She now tucked up at my feet.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

As there's the possibility of rain later and I'm not involved in any kind of rush job at the moment, I took an executive decision to go to the Big Sainsbury's

Unfortunately, I also got around to taking some lingering cardboard (mix of Ikea and Amazon) to the tip, as it's on the way. Arriving there, I found they'd just lowered the barrier so the bloke with the big grabber could play around squashing all the stuff in the skips. I did think about leaving but I was right at the barrier and a queue formed behind me almost immediately. So I ended up wasting about twenty minutes waiting for them to open up again

This meant I was just in time for the lunchtime rush at Sainsbury's, rather than just beating it as planned. Still, I got everything done (well, I forgot some stuff I'd meant to get, but nothing urgent) and made it home again eventually

Upon returning, lunch was a roast pork and apple sauce bap with a bag of plain crisps, as they didn't have anything I particularly fancied at the tepid food counter

Comment

The great Sky cancellation has been undone. It was easier in the end than trying to sort out aerials, LNB compatibility and goodness knows what. Can kicked down the road for a bit.

My brother discovered that my Mum has been throwing letters from the dementia service people in the bin and hanging up on them when they phone. They had an appointment to assess her in November and have spent months trying to talk to her. She says no-one has phoned and no letters have been received. Either she genuinely doesn't remember what she's done or she's just petrified at a possible diagnosis and has been avoiding it. No point being angry, but frustrated that we have to start the whole process again. This time, they now have my brother's details on file and he will be kept informed of appointments (with me as a back up).

Medical POA being applied for sharpish. Whilst it won't make doctors talk to us, it will help us with making decisions when the time inevitably comes.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I think I caught sight of that while posting my mickey-taking of the Torygraph who put the phrase "Hunt to abolish pensions" on their live feed of the budget yesterday. I meant to go back to see what the context was but forgot
            It was a thread about a Reddit AITA from a web dev father who'd refused to teach his daughter to code because he couldn't be arsed, so she'd gone and taught herself C++ and written a game, and then he slagged off her code to her face. The original post may even have been fake, as some AITAs turn out to be, but the outrage thread on Twitter has spread far and wide now, and as I have the highest-rated reply it's still going up - almost at 2.5K likes

Comment

The great Sky cancellation has been undone. It was easier in the end than trying to sort out aerials, LNB compatibility and goodness knows what. Can kicked down the road for a bit.

My brother discovered that my Mum has been throwing letters from the dementia service people in the bin and hanging up on them when they phone. They had an appointment to assess her in November and have spent months trying to talk to her. She says no-one has phoned and no letters have been received. Either she genuinely doesn't remember what she's done or she's just petrified at a possible diagnosis and has been avoiding it. No point being angry, but frustrated that we have to start the whole process again. This time, they now have my brother's details on file and he will be kept informed of appointments (with me as a back up).

Medical POA being applied for sharpish. Whilst it won't make doctors talk to us, it will help us with making decisions when the time inevitably comes.

My sister has a shared care arrangement (I think that's what it's called?) for our parents, so the doctors will talk to her if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

My sister has a shared care arrangement (I think that's what it's called?) for our parents, so the doctors will talk to her if necessary.
                Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it

Comment

Dinner has been prepped and shoved in the oven - well, those parts that go in the oven. The recycling has been taken over to where the wild bins roam. The tea towels have been removed from the washer-dryer, where they've been chilling since a tea towel wash the other day, and put away. And the mundane laundry has taken their place

Comment

Tea was that homemade kebab meat in a pitta with sweet chilli sauce, accompanied by fries, and was very nice

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it
                      Thinking about it, it might be called something else. I'll ask my Mum about it when she phones tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                      X