• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sun came out a full two hours earlier than the forecast suggested this morning so I went for a walk up to the Amazon locker contained within Morrisons to pick up a parcel which had been deposited there yesterday evening.

Windy out but nice and warm in the sunshine.

Comment

Lunch was a walk on the beach. Not a long one, but she got to put her feet in the water.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Lunch was a walk on the beach. Not a long one, but she got to put her feet in the water.
        Glad she's able to manage to get out and have a bit of a walk

Comment

Popped round to Sainsbury's Local for some bits I was lacking due to not having got around to going shopping last week. I need to go to Big Sainsbury's, or maybe just the Fairly Big one, but I can't be bothered. Maybe tomorrow

Comment

Tea: chipolatas with chips and beans

I didn't mean to get chipolatas, but was too hasty grabbing stuff off the shelf at Sainsbury's Local - though it doesn't help that they've moved the various sausages to a low shelf. But they're still nice

Comment

Dinner was a jacket potato with cheese and coleslaw. The skin having been rubbed in an olive oil and chilli salt mix to make it extra tasty.

Ents was Paula on All4. I always thought she was great.

Comment

The car earlier was a Jaguar Mk. II, as seen on Inspector Morse and (driven by the baddies) The Sweeney. Tax expired last November

And the gold diggers are getting to the ends of their seasons in the face of the usual mechanical breakdowns and, in one case, bush fires immediately followed by floods

And later, a further episode of Severance.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  Got an extra half hour in bed before taking Millie outside and then giving her the first drugs of the day.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Frosty start out, though it already seems to be thawing, at least on the cars. Quite sunny with some white sheets of thin high cloud adorning the place, currently 1°C, maybe reaching 7° later, and the barometers are bouncing back at 1004/1012mB

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Grey.

Sunless.

White sky.

Cold in here at 11.1 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 7.5 deg in the leanto.

1013.5 mBar, 29.928 in Hg, 760.187 Torr, 14.6995 psi, (up from 1012 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 63% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 8th of May 2019 NF had a rack of ribs for tea, while I had the last of the weekend's beef with carrots & onions which was apparently quite nice, after which ep 1 of "Jeremiah" met the dvd player (region 1 dvd so the multiregion player) some 17 years or so after it appeared on Sky One, with S2 never appearing at all, hence the R1 dvd purchase.

It's raining. Quelle surprise. That's put the kibosh on outdoor activities for the foreseeable according to the weather forecast: nonstop rain for the next 7 days.

House roughly vacced.

The accumulated mail of several months duly opened and put in a different pile.

£750 for water 23/24. Feck me.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkins seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWATO for all of 10 minutes until some lying scumbag Parliamentary scrotes came on, whereupon <click> and my tinnitus.

All three 18V batteries for the drills duly charged. They'll last at least until tomorrow due to the rate at which they self discharge now.

Donation request made to British Heart Foundation so I can get shot of some of the accumulated stuff, including the 4 ercol chairs taking up space in the front room office junk room, plus the drop leaf table I broke my right little toe on back in 2020, and the Lloyd Loom Lusty linen basket, and the mirror.

Similar to
                      https://lloydloom-uk.co.uk/products/...waApy5EALw_wcB

but with a glass top.

Collection for Wednesday 22nd of March.

The batphone resides upstairs where there's a signal so when they rang back I heard faint sounds from above which proved to be them ringing me up, so I rang back on the landline, that's the 2nd call I've made in 3 months.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%. Stone me I'm zoned out.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM (in between <click>s).

Ancient Aliens bollox.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E10 Willys Jeep. Bought: $13k, £8, Total: £10,862, Sold: £16k. New floorpan (rear), refurbished gearbox, various archaic bits added: jerry can holder, first aid kit, manual windscreen wipers. Not registered.

Who do you think you are? Paul Hollywood. Ancestor was a postal runner in the Highlands. Who'd have thunk?

The Repaire Shoppe: the one with the clockwork pigeon.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%. That's betterer.

Mach a Seo: Eriskay.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 March 2023, 21:22.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X