• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My tax return is almost complete. I will start The Wife'sTM tomorrow (maybe).

Some more light-ish gardening has been done, about 10 metres of bushes have been chopped down to waist-high, which drained the battery on the little chainsaw. While I was charging that and tidying up the branches, there was a brief skiff of rain, so after bringing in the washing I then went back to moving the rest of the stones that I started yesterday. That will have buggered my back.
    Cup of tea and put my feet up.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sainsbury's - the proper Big Sainsbury's - has been visited, and all kinds of shopping acquired. They do these "Nectar Price" offers where they knock sometimes quite sizeable amounts off for you individually, mainly on stuff you buy frequently. Previously I'd take advantage of these to some extent, but the problem was not having much space for storage. Now I have plenty because of the pantry next to the kitchen (which I strongly suspect was originally an airing cupboard), and I had a number of good offers on non-perishable stuff this week. So I now have enough toilet roll and hand soap to make it look like it's May 2020 in here; not to mention a ridiculous quantity of coffee beans and sugar

Also: New Viz Klaxon

At other points during the day, I've been dealing with the newly-awoken compliance people for the return to ClientGov; although I still have SC and so on, it seems that because I'm returning via a different route (i.e. not the previous consultancy), I have to jump through various mundane hoops all over again, and the matter is slightly complicated by having also changed address. But now they've got back to working on it, it should all end up going smoothly enough, so I may be back to work in a week or two

Comment

Tea: rack of ribs and chips

A short sharp belt of rain is on the way, apparently

Comment

Also: New Viz Klaxon
          Got mine at Sainsburies too. Find it boring these days, has it got crap or is it me lost me sense of humour?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

I appear to have stayed up till now watching the rest of S1 of the Handmaid's Tale. It's very good, but this is why I need to sort out my viewing habits

The car earlier was one of those Porsche Cayenne things, which was a repeat as usual, and then the gold hunters had their usual varying but repeated degrees of success. But then, while dinner was being sorted out, the antiques bloke programme was one I haven't seen before! How come we get new stuff from him but not the others?

Anyway, it involved Belgians so it was better than usual. They should do a series that's just Belgian antiques people without him in it at all

Goodnight all

Comment

Won't be watching Smithsonian any more coz it's closed down.

Morning.

Friday apparently.

Amol fecking Rajen is on the wireless yet again, every fecking day this week. Seldom Glummer is on with him today.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.6 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1010.5 mBar, 29.84 in Hg, 757.937 Torr, 14.656 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 8th of April 2019 the X7 provided the trip home, chicken drumsticks provided sustenance, and NF was busily binge watching S1 of Bab5, whilst I watched a documentary about "Brazil" (the film rather than the country), followed by "The Dictator" which I found funny & is the only film by SBC that I've managed to watch.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Cottons in the WM.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%.

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Sun's out.

Various leaky batteries removed from test equipment.

Minor potching in the garage during which the sun disappeared from view & the drizzle returned such that the nearly dry shirts are now in the TD, with the cottons awaiting their turn.

Shirts out of the TD & roughly iRoned and airing upstairs.

Cottons in the TD.

Cottons out of the TD and airing upstairs.

Tea: battered haddock, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E8: 1969 Datsun Roadster "Fair Lady" 2 litre, Bought: $8k5, Total: $12,395, Sold: $14k. Gosh. Volvo parts fit an antique Datsun. Who'd have thunk?

5select: Charles Dickens with Gyles Brandreth.

Blaze: Walking through history with Tony Robinson: "The path to Stonehenge": Avebury to Stonehenge.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 January 2023, 19:31.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright, dry, sunny with high level wispy cloud. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 5) with a high of 12 expected. Rain forecast to return this afternoon / evening. Barometer down to 1017 mbar.

Didn't want to get out of bed this morning but managed to drag myself out and get dressed. This has felt like a very long week.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

In perusing the fridge, I discovered that I actually had some drinkable milk! So crunchy nut cornflakes are being had.

Comment

Working...
                      X