• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Misty.

Moist.

Warmer in here at 20.5 deg.

1019 mBar, in Hg, 72% RH.

Monday.

The gleam of the telex machine is much enhanced by the presence of a tree rat in the pear tree.

Oh, good: said tree rat is busy exploring next door's roof & guttering.

I feel a TWEP coming on apace.

Persistent little bastard, it kept coming back.

Next door's power feed to the shed duly stolen.

I paid for the fecking thing & installed it.

I'll have to get a bit creative since the cable seems a bit shorter than I expected.

Lunch: poached tomato (3rd one was good enough to cook), scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Next door's big hayfield half strimmed & half mown.

Tea: the rest of the roast chicken & sausage with carrots & onions, the remainder of the sliced peaches, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Tom Hanks.

Part of a thing on Prohibition.

Thing about the Children of Craig Y Nos TB hospital.

Ghosts.

NCIS S17 E9 "IRL".

Elementary S7 E6 "Command: Delete".

Only 7 more eps to go. It shows.

"Three Identical Strangers": an identical twin/triplet study in septicland.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 September 2021, 22:14.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Last night, while trying to bring some semblance of order to the freezer, I found a small sausage roll I'd forgotten about. So I had that for elevenses

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with the odd wisp here and there. Currently 23 degrees with a high of 26 or 27 later. Barometer up to 1024 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        Prototype tack nicknamed 'Little Willie' rolls off the assembly line 1915

Comment

Meatopia up at Tobacco Docks was good yesterday. Not too busy, apparently the Friday night session was heaving. Lots of choice, as long as you're not veggie.

TFL screwed up our plans for a nice journey home. I'd spotted that the irregular boat service down to Chelsea was appearing more often on timetables and thought the service had been expanded.

I checked the TFL website and it indicated the RB6 had good service and that instead of running from Canary Wharf to Chelsea, it was going from Blackfriars. So HWMBO and I travelled to Blackfriars only to discover the pier was closed to allow a private event to use the pier. Further investigation revealed that the RB6 didn't have 'good service' on Sunday because it doesn't run on a Sunday. In fact, it is just as irregular as previously. Weekday mornings and evenings only.

I'm guessing the snooty people in Chelsea don't want to encourage better connectivity in case the great unwashed start going there and bring the house prices down.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

28C out. Shame I'm "working"
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Allegedly 28°C here too, but there's a mild breeze through the window keeping things pleasant in here

Despite the summery appearance of the outside, the chestnut tree is starting to show signs of the coming autumn.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

A bit warm for it too; but it's only for a few days and then we'll be back to normal

Comment

A lazy day had. Strolled up to the high street to pick up mosquito repellant and buy lunch from Ole and Steen. Popped into a little wine shop for a drink before heading home to eat lunch. Lunch was eventually eaten about 4pm.

Then HWMBO had the bright idea of going for a drink before the cinema so we popped to Disrepute in Kingly Court for one before strolling down to Cineworld in Leicester Square to see Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings.

Very good film, some genuinely funny bits. No idea why Ben Kingsley was in it (which has been commented on in the reviews).

Comment

Tea has been a roast lamb dinner with the usual bits, this time including home made Yorkshire puds as I haven't got room for frozen ones. Very nice

Comment

Working...
                      X