• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More seasonal viewing tonight: United 93 (2006) which is based on a true story you've probably heard, but includes an interesting level of insight into the confusion amongst ATC workers during 9/11; and World Trade Center (2006), which even now seems to be one of the lesser known stories of that day twenty years ago.

And then, for some reason, I decided to rewatch The Death of Stalin (2017). When this came out, it seemed like people went on about it as if it was the rebirth of Ealing-style comedies, but when I first watched it, I thought it was fairly mediocre. But maybe I was just in one of those moods, I thought, so I gave it another go. Conclusion: it's fairly mediocre

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmish at about 22 deg (battery is flat in the clock).

1012 mBar, 29.88 in Hg, 73% RH.

Saturday.

Feeling a little less like death warmed over this morning.

Walk walked (abbreviated) up to the res & back.

Res remains half full.

Signs that the deluge of a couple of days ago flowed downhill with enthusiasm.

I note there are a number of films starring That Randolph Scott Chap on next week, some of which I've not watched, so ideal opportunities to Tick Another Box (or two).

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: potching in the garage/tinshed/saltinghouse/garden*.

*delete as appropriate.

* tinshed as it transpired, sorting the wiring out a bit, though one of my "bright ideas" left something to be desired.

Tea: spag (too much again) with bol (fiery), a peach slice, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Scotland Yard" ep from 1957 about a body found down a sewer in that London, introduced by Edgar Lustgarten.

The final ep & the making of for "The Lost Room", being The Glass Eye and The Occupant.

So that's now done & dusted.

I remember it being more gripping but there you go.

Lots of loose ends which were left for S2 that never happened.

Then we're back at the "dozens of channels of tulipe on the tv to choose from & nothing to watch" state again.

I think I'll play Freecell for a while.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 September 2021, 20:05.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all (it's 0615)

Blue sky and fluffy clouds, some of them decided grey. We had a couple of enthusiastic showers yesterday but none forecast today. Currently 28 degrees ('feels like' 31) and a high of 32 expected.

We are now under curfew rather than lockdown! We will one day get to leave the premises...

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Founding father, Benjamin Franklin, writes: 'There never was a good war or bad peace' 1773

Comment

Having a look at the rum menu. I think it would be unwise to sample them all...

https://menulingua.com/menus/279356/view_mobile/en

Comment

Originally posted by Long john sipper View Post
              Having a look at the rum menu. I think it would be unwise to sample them all...

https://menulingua.com/menus/279356/view_mobile/en

Arrggh my shipmates!!
              Sometimes all the pieces just fall into place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	54216.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	4182126

Arrggh shipmates!!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, though not rainy. Cooling down a little now too; it's currently 22°C which is today's peak. Barometers up somewhat on 1007/1015mB

There appear to be a number of cosplayers wandering past, suggesting that the football is happening again. I assume their numbers will dwindle over the course of the season as they transmit mutant forms of the coronavirus to one another via the aerosols generated by over-enthusiastic cheering

Comment

Three middle-aged nutters with placards are standing on the pavement just before the pedestrian crossing with placards, apparently seeking to convey their views to people on their way to the football. No idea what they're proselytising about, as the only placard I've been able to see just says "Time to stand up and be counted"

Possibly anti-vaxxers or anti-maskers. If so, let's hope a lorry mounts the pavement, then we can watch them use their Facebook-derived knowledge of medicine to treat their own injuries

Comment

It's coming up to 11 am and it's 32 degrees ('feels like' 38) and 70% humidity.

HWMBO has taken refuge in the pool and I'm hiding in the shade.

It's really handy being at an empty resort as I just change which sun bed I'm using according to which one is in the shade.

Comment

The nutters have gone. It occurred to me that if they were Branch Covidians, I should have gone down and stood next to them wearing a mask while pretending to be part of their little group

Comment

Working...
                      X