• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Another agent just contacted me about a role.
    Said agent sent my CV to the client at 4.45pm yesterday. As I came in from walking The Dog (tw) at 8.50am today, it was the agent ringing back because the client had reviewed my CV and had a couple of questions.

Seems like they might be keen.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

morning

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out

A mere 7°C out there, 16° in here. So not getting much warmer for all the illumination

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Said agent sent my CV to the client at 4.45pm yesterday. As I came in from walking The Dog (tw) at 8.50am today, it was the agent ringing back because the client had reviewed my CV and had a couple of questions.

Seems like they might be keen.
          I remember days like that, long long ago.

Doesn't happen to me any more.

In with the hoi polloi, not so flatulent today.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            My grandmother will be 98 this year and she's right pissed off at still being alive. She never wanted to reach 90. I can't think of anything worse than to keep dragging on for decades. I'd be happy to pop off about 80, if not earlier. Any time after my folks have gone really.
            I feel the same as your grandmother.

However I keep telling myself that once the children have left it will get easier.

Once they are all at university, am I allowed to move with no forwarding address?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I want to keep going as long as there’s a Universe to keep going in - I’d like to see how it ends
              God will jump out and shout "told you so".

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                the addled one managed <again> to fall over so gently as to fail to trigger the fall over alarm.

and then didn't think of pressing the large red button to summon assistance.

i despair.
                she needs to be elsewhere.
                partner won't request the necessary from the local care <used advisedly> services.
                and i'm not a relative, so they won't readily engage with me.

losing the will to live.
                I Can't Fix This.

i fix things. it's what i do.

Aaaaaargh!

in other news, dinner/tea/whatever has been sainsbury's 'taste the difference' fish pie.
                it's really very flavoursome.
                with a nice sauvignon blanc from suit efrikaa

Century (for the century only)

I hope things get better....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  and wholemeal toast

Pali

Comment

Apologies for lack of drivel. Its been busy. Monday was a day off - took baby bp to Sun Centre at Rhyl. Yesterday was train back to London and straight into a whole load of trouble. They did not want me to take days off. And work has backed up.

Getting sorted out now.

I suppose it could be worse - they might not have missed me atall....

Comment

Dry cycle today. Was due to rain tomorrow but now dry according to forecast.

Lets hope Friday's rain does the same.

Highlight of the cycle was going over tower bridge at 6am and seeing a clown (with full face make up) crossing the bridge. On a unicycle.

One thing about London. It may be noisy, smelly, busy, mad and full of idiots. But it is rarely dull.

Comment

Working...
                      X