• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Dry.

Chilly in here at 15.4 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1020 (and a bit) mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765.06 Torr, 14.79 psi, (down from 1021 last night), 77% RH.

Saturday.

Back on 25th Feb 2019, I was pissed and watching 2 F 2 F & not liking it much, while NF was making something out of sheep's scapulas, and it was unusually fine & warm in Manchester for the time of year. Oh, and the board software had managed the impossible & duplicated a post as I edited it.

Walk (unabbreviated apart from a brief pitstop) walked in the warmish sunshine.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S11 E10 Audi TT with a broken gearbox: bought £1k5, total £2150, sold £3k6. They were lucky with that gearbox. MOT expired August 2020.

Wheeler Dealers S3 E3 Mercedes Cosworth. MOT ran out August 2007. . I wonder if the reg was changed.

Some minor potching in the garden in the sunshine, clearing leaves off the lawn & next door's garden path, followed by some minor potching in the garage using some ancient RTV sealant stuff to see if the leaks from the window resolve with a couple of tubes of same.

Freecell score: 100% running average 85%.

Tea: spag with the last of the NotSoFiery bol, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: thing on PBS "Battle Honors": the Screaming Eagles, Easy Company of which featured in "Band of Brothers". One of them was still above ground in 2020 when the ep was filmed at the grand old age of 98.

The Ferguson radio has shown signs of life since I decided to potch a little more with it this evening. That wavechange switch is remarkable: I can't see any real reason why it has to be so complicated.

Entertainment: Maigret: S4 E6 "The Flemish Shop" 1963.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 November 2022, 20:03.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
      Blue skies and sunshine here, I need to fix one of the lights I put up outside yesterday as it doesn’t work, but that will have to wait until after I get jabbed.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, overcast start again. Keeping not-very-warm-but-mild-for-November at 12°C with 15° on the cards, and the barometers are optimistic at 1019/1027mB

Up betimes for this family Zoom thing. Still don't know why it has to be at 10am on a Saturday

Comment

Zoom call done, all cousins accounted for along with several cats and dogs

Comment

Lunch: a Pukka steak slice

It's turned sunny here now, with some wisps of white fluffiness hanging around

Comment

Afternoon all

This was morning didn't look very promising, a bit grey and overcast, but it's turned into a lovely sunny day with wispy cloud. Currently 16 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer is at 1025 mBar.

Yesterday HWMBO and I went to see Triangle of Sadness (2022). Very entertaining and very silly. We had a few too many cocktails and I had a bit of a sore head this morning that required a lie in. The washing machine was put to work, and now I have achieved empty washing basket nirvana. All laundry is out on the washing line although there's a chilly edge to the air that makes me think it's not really going to dry.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                The washing machine was put to work, and now I have achieved empty washing basket nirvana. All laundry is out on the washing line although there's a chilly edge to the air that makes me think it's not really going to dry.
                Ah, that reminded me

Mundane laundry now on

Comment

The laundry didn't really dry all that much and was brought in around 4pm and hung/draped about.

Now off to Leicester Square to meet with a few of the people we'll be doing a bonkers tier points run with next year.

Comment

In the other Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      In the other Chinese
                      And very nice too

I was thinking about the business of them giving out prawn crackers with orders over a certain value. What if your order is just below the threshold, then you add prawn crackers to it, and the cost of them takes you over the threshold? Do you end up with two lots, one paid, one free?

Comment

Working...
                      X