• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: ribs and chips, being the last of the smoky bourbon ribs from Chatsworth. Very nice

Sunny and Simpsonesque out now, and the breeze which was quite strong during the day has simmered down a bit

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    In other basic task news, I managed to get the mundane laundry done this morning

Tomorrow, I've got an appointment with the dental hygienist. Present me was initially annoyed with past me from six months ago for arranging it for a Saturday, but then remembered that they only let the hygienist in on Saturdays, presumably so they can keep the real money-spinning treatment going at full tilt during the week

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I assumed that my failure to submit my timesheet for last week until Wednesday afternoon meant I'd have to wait until next week for it to be processed, but they've done it today and paid via Faster Payments! Nice to be with an agency that can make up for my pathetic failure to keep up with the most basic administrative tasks

This week's timesheet has been done, so they won't have to deal with my nonsense next week

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You should know this but its Oistins' Fish Fry tonight being Friday.
    Yes! We have it planned in for this evening

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

Sunnier start than the last couple of days, though still with a fair bit of wispy stuff artistically arranged. No overly unpleasant temperatures expected, being 14°C and restraining itself to 20° later. The barometers are rallying somewhat at 1001/1009mB

Friday!

And less than a week left of election bulltulip before we start with the "It's been nearly five minutes now, why haven't they fixed the country yet?" bulltulip
    Om

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    You should know this but its Oistins' Fish Fry tonight being Friday.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Yes, the first time one drives an automatic can be inneresting. .

And the stalks reversing position is another pain.

All good clean fun though.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens
    Om. .

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all, local time 0931

Sunny with fluff. Currently 30 degrees ('feels like' 36) with a high of 31 expected. Rain forecast this evening.

Yesterday was fraught with stress as I had to learn how to drive an automatic. HWMBO had requested a manual but none was provided. Turns out my ingrained habit of using the clutch when slowing down results in me doing emergency stops at inopportune moments. I literally have to plant my left foot in the footwell and make a conscious mental effort to not move it.

The second challenge is that the controls for the windscreen wipers and lights/indicators are swapped over so I keep turning the wipers on when I want to indicate.

The bus drivers are psychopaths.

In the duty free store in Bridgetown the rum is about a tenner. We will be returning to stock up before we head home. Not sure what day we're doing distillery tours.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I see duplicate posters dead people.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cooler side of not so warm at 20.4 deg in here, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 19.5 in the leanto.

1011 mBar, 29.855 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.6633 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 14th of October 2019 NF had a hotdog for lunch, some oiks were blocking a junction only used by public transport in that London, BR14 suggested the use of an AX50 on cyclists, whereas WTFH suggested an AT308 would suffice without the overpenetration problems of the former, it was raining on NF, and VWDan was fed up with autumn already.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom and wan sunshine. A car from that Scotland was spotted up by the res.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: some green crap about recycling oil rigs. <click>

The thing at 13:45: Buried, or how American multinationals spewed toxic tulipe all over the world and in defunct quarries around Cardiff in particular.

Veronica Mars S3 E20 "The bitch is back". Veronica gets her mojo back just in time for the series cancellation. .

Well that was a non ending. And the movie is next up.

S4 was made in 2019.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 15:13.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    TFIF, etc.
    Slept in this morning, which was nice, but it means MMtSH has only had a run round the garden, although The Wife is off today so she will take him out later.

Just doing a bit of digging on a user with multiple profiles, which is fun, but sometimes people think I ask "aggressive" questions in the Prof forums, because they can't see what I see.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunnier start than the last couple of days, though still with a fair bit of wispy stuff artistically arranged. No overly unpleasant temperatures expected, being 14°C and restraining itself to 20° later. The barometers are rallying somewhat at 1001/1009mB

Friday!

And less than a week left of election bulltulip before we start with the "It's been nearly five minutes now, why haven't they fixed the country yet?" bulltulip

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    That cast got around: another one was also in Goldfinger, one more was in both Dr. No and Thunderball as well as appearing in three episodes of UFO; and yet another was not only in Randall and Hopkirk Deceased but also the narrator on Mr. Benn!

I've only looked at those four, otherwise I'll be at it all night

Before I went down that rabbit hole, TV was an old Police Interceptors - though not that old, as I'm catching up with the present there. One odd aspect of this was that some of the voiceover had apparently been updated while the subtitles hadn't. So, for example, after a pursuit in which the bloke had ditched the car and run off, the subtitles said he was still being sought, yet the narration said he'd got four years for various offences. And there were a couple of others like that

Oh, and the hallway lights have been fixed, meaning I was able to see exactly where I was putting the bag of rubbish I put out for the cleaners to remove in the morning, rather than casting it vaguely towards the lift in the dim green glow of the emergency light!

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Out of idle curiosity, I looked up my Dad's 1961 TV play on IMDb: "ITV Television Playhouse" Flight 447 Delayed (TV Episode 1961)

The first chap in the cast list, Martin Benson, seems to have had a pretty interesting career in his own right. He was in Cleopatra with Taylor and Burton, then in Goldfinger as the mobster who refuses the offer that shouldn't have been refused and gets put through a car crusher by Oddjob for his pains. And he also seems to have been in just about every TV series of the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s you've ever heard of, including playing the Vogon captain who demolishes Earth in the TV version of The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    A pleasant enough evening, so to Big Sainsbury's I did go. Nothing exciting to report, except that the chestnut tree outside the old flat is looking well, and the Polish café seems to be keeping busy

Then home via the VAT fraud chip shop, so tea has been fish & chips

Leave a comment:

Working...
X