• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car earlier was a Austin-Healey 3000 Mk.III which sold for a considerable profit at auction

Then the gold diggers programme was in the position of introducing "newcomers" who we've already seen doing reasonably well for themselves in the two seasons that have been made since then

And during and after dinner, there was no more Glasgow station, so something in a rather different vein, still from Glasgow but featuring a different kind of station on occasion: The Ice Cream Wars (both episodes), about a dreadful crime and a miscarriage of justice in Glasgow in the 1980s, which was very interesting. I'd vaguely assumed the criminal activity around the ice cream vans was to do with drugs, as that's what we were told at the time, but really it was just about it being a very lucrative business: the schemes in east Glasgow had been built without shops, so the vans were more like mobile general stores rather than just selling ice cream, though there was also a fair amount of untraceable stolen goods being sold through them. As the drug dealers of the day pointed out, it would have been stupid to sell drugs out of the vans because there was no way of stashing them in a stop and search by the police

Time for bed now. The lurgy is neither one thing nor the other so far; no major symptoms beyond feeling extremely run down and occasionally a bit achey

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post

28 October 2022, 08:18

Don't you lot do CENTURIES any more?

What is the world coming too!

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny-but-clouding-over-already start out, and a bit chilly compared to recent days at 8°C. Might reach 13° later, it's going to get windy (or windier) during the morning, and then it'll get rainy again too. The barometers are optimistic though, bouncing back to 1005/1013mB

Comment

Morning all
          CBS, etc earlier, but clouds coming in now.
          At least it was dry on out short walk.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

It got very windy and probably rained a fair bit last night. However, this morning we have blue sky with a hint of high level wispy stuff. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 15 expected. Cloud over set to increase as the day progresses with more rain forecast this evening. Barometer up to 1017 mBar.

Tired despite a decent night's sleep.

Comment

Morning.

No current precipitation.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 16.1 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen (post kettle), 15 deg in the leanto.

1009 mBar, 29.796 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.63 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 76% RH.

Wednesday.

Meanwhile back on 17th Feb 2019 I was carting crap to the dump yet again. Wot a surprise. Whilst NF was enjoying his Chinese meal.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine and semigale.

Curiously, the plague vax site on my left arm seemed a bit sensitive this morning.

If I'd known the morning would be so fine I'd have done some of the quicker to dry washing, especially with the ongoing gale.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y until the stealing houses thing came on again.

TWAO.

The Septic democracy thing.

Torrential rain & strong winds.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 85% (85.02%).

Some minor potching & counting of screwdrivers & the like. WTF have I got so many screwdrivers? It must be some sort of obsession comparable with the Lidl(tm) spanners thing. .

Couldn't find The Thing I was Looking For. It must be hidden particularly well.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM: Seldom Glummer is busy spouting about how a coal mine in Cumbria is A Very Bad Idea since it would export 80% of its output.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E10 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer: bought $4k5, total $19k3, sold $26k5.

5Select: World's Greatest Inventions: TV. Very Septic centric. Philo Farnsworth. A. Hitler's "broadcast" of the 1936 Olumpics. Not much mention of the BBC "high definition" 405 line system. Some nice shots of Ampex VR1000 vtrs, followed by the VHS/Betamax competition. Apparently LCD tvs use LEDs. Which they do for the backlight unless they are OLED tvs.

Cerys Matthews wandering around St. Fagan's Museum during the Plague.

Lucy Worsley's Fireworks: or how to impress QE I. That was fun. Tricky things rockets.

Skin A&E. The usual selection of lipoma, cyst, and the occasional skin tag.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2022, 19:44.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Towel wash on

Comment

Update from the solicitor: there are a couple of minor things outstanding, it seems; just boring details of some stuff from the leaseholder and so on. And the seller has agreed to go for same-day exchange and completion!

Comment

Afternoon all

METAR EGFF 021150Z AUTO 20016G28KT 9999 SCT031 14/10 Q1010

Gales forecast this afternoon and definitely feels more chilly today.

Comment

Lunch: pâté on toast

Still not feeling 100% but the lurgy, whatever it is, doesn't seem to be getting any worse - or not yet…

Comment

Working...
                      X