• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    All work done by 12 noon.
    The last person to get their work done by Friday being Robinson Crusoe....

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    All work done by 12 noon.

The parentals knew my Nan had taken out a funeral plan, many years ago (the policy for my Grandfather was used some 15 year ago), but what they didn't realise was she had gone so far as to decide what she would wear, what coffin she would have and a number of other details. Basically, due to her forward planning 20 years or more ago, my parents have pretty much nothing to do other than notify people of the date and plan a pub knees up afterwards.
    That is very well done by your Nan. My mother did not have the same foresight - which caused one or two issues. Funeral arrangements are techically a wish. And if these wishes are not clear then it can cause friction.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Sun’s up, NF was right.
      I married Miss right. I was not aware her first name was always.

Comment

Last week I had an awesome journey up to Wales as a colleague gave me some of her times2 puzzles. I forget to say thank you - until this morning(I could have texted her - I have her number - but I like to keep that just for work issues). When she said she did not have one my disappointment must have shown as I just got her times2 puzzles from today!

She is one of those people who is brilliant to work with - very clear on her requirements.

Comment

This morning I was at coffee machine. We have white sugar in white packet, brown sugar in brown packet and saccarine in yellow packet.

She was tipping brown packet into her coffee and asked me if there was any brown sugar. I thought it was a trick question, but pointed to brown packet stash.

She said "Oh. The packet is not brown enough!". Then started muttering about not being brown enough.

When I looked, her skin colour was brown.

Anyway it was nice talking to her. She was really pretty. But I managed to keep my tongue off the floor.

Comment

Shopping done

Time to get the mundane laundry on

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Shopping done

Time to get the mundane laundry on
              Mine is nearly done.

Due to the curious order of business today, by the time I decided to go for the walk, it was raining, so I got 200 yards up the road and then came back.

It was quite lovely around lunchtime.

Now it's back to normal with gales forecast.

Ho hum.

Freecell score: 88% though it was 67% at one stage.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Snow mostly melted, sun streaming in the window but according to the TV it’s 34F outside
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oxtail soup for lunch, with the usual mix of wholemeal bread and sesame bloomer

Bloke on the Australian Customs programme who’s trying to get in on a French passport… but doesn’t speak any French

Comment

HWMBO, ankle biter and I all wandered up to the high street for a late lunch and for them to pick up gifts for family they have now gone to visit.

We went to the Ivy Brasserie. It was nice when it first opened but the menu rarely changes and the service now is variable. I think it also suffers from there now being too many of them. It made a nice change though.

Got back just as someone from ClientCo emailed. Perfect timing It was just a thank you for turning around some work quickly (the work I did this morning). I acknowledged that and replied to an email from Wednesday so it looked like I was still slaving away at 4pm on a Friday. I'm a pro at this!

Now time for Dracula part 3....

Comment

Fleetwood beer festival is tonight's entertainment.

38th Fleetwood Beer and Cider Festival - CAMRA - Campaign for Real Ale

Should be a blast....

[emoji482]

Comment

Working...
                      X