• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what’s going on outside, but it involves two police cars, a paramedic car, an ambulance, a taxi, and somebody being scooped up off the road. But it’s all going on the other side of an evergreen bush in next door’s front garden so I can’t see any of the action

At a guess, either the taxi’s knocked someone down, or someone collapsed or otherwise fell and the taxi stopped to help. Anyway, the police are having to divert inbound traffic up the side road and occasionally stop it in the other direction too. Should all be sorted out by rush hour though.

Comment

Stepped outside for the first time since I left the house this morning. Dry, blue sky with wispy clouds, sun just starting to set.

Gave up with one of the two reports that needed fixing because it was simply taking so long to update. Will try again tomorrow on a decent spec PC. Dunno how ClientCo expect proper number crunching to be done on a standard Lenovo yoga.

Comment

Walk duly enwalked.

Lovely & sunny, didn't need wrapping up today.

In fact I was rather too hot whilst wandering around the metropolis earlier.

Lunch was a very late poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust) with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Tea: the last of Sunday's roast shoulder of lamb with carrots & onions.

During the dismantling of said shoulder, the quantity of fat was remarkable, but there was more than enough lean meat to keep me happy.

All rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I think I saw signs in the heavens of a sun dog amongst the chem trails.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Has there been a ban on buttermilk that no-one told me about?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Has there been a ban on buttermilk that no-one told me about?
            Probably someone's posted on Twitter that it's a legal high and yoofs are buying it all up to stick up their noses.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Not sure what’s going on outside, but it involves two police cars, a paramedic car, an ambulance, a taxi, and somebody being scooped up off the road. But it’s all going on the other side of an evergreen bush in next door’s front garden so I can’t see any of the action

At a guess, either the taxi’s knocked someone down, or someone collapsed or otherwise fell and the taxi stopped to help. Anyway, the police are having to divert inbound traffic up the side road and occasionally stop it in the other direction too. Should all be sorted out by rush hour though.
              Car v. pedestrian, according to the local rag, with non-life-threatening injuries. Though as they got the location slightly wrong I don’t know whether to trust their report

I did notice that the ambulance, which had been facing citywards and thus pointing in the right direction for the Royal Infirmary, turned round and headed the other way. I think that means they were taking them to Coventry. I assume they’re better at something or other down there as people often seem to get taken there, assuming they don’t get taken to Nottingham; I believe the latter is usually for head injuries and such. Maybe Coventry’s good at broken bones? Anyway, I’m glad I’ve always been kept to the local hospitals so I can walk home if necessary

Comment

I was going to ask wtf is a yumyum, however now I know.

I also know what buttermilk was and what it is now.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Car v. pedestrian, according to the local rag, with non-life-threatening injuries. Though as they got the location slightly wrong I don’t know whether to trust their report
                  So wait for the mail report which will have all the facts....

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I was going to ask wtf is a yumyum, however now I know.

I also know what buttermilk was and what it is now.
                    Buttermilk should be the simple by-product of making butter. Sadly it's usually lactic acid mixed with milk in the commercially available stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      So wait for the mail report which will have all the facts....
                      The report also said that although the road was now clear, “traffic is still struggling” - yeah, that’s nothing to do with the RTC. The report was posted just after half five, at the height of the evening rush hour. Traffic's always queuing along here then

Comment

Working...
                      X