• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Shades of "A Canticle for Liebowitz" etc.
    well, there's a blast from the past

Comment

dinner has been poached undyed smoked haddock and prawns.
      poached in milk and white wine, served with steamed basmati rice and peas.

magic! iidssm.

and more of of the wine, of course, as one does.

silent witless later <to see how many of the cast they've killed off>

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        dinner has been poached undyed smoked haddock and prawns.
        poached in milk and white wine, served with steamed basmati rice and peas.

magic! iidssm.

and more of of the wine, of course, as one does.

Of course, if the wine is good enough to cook with then it must be good enough to drink!

The wonderful Keith Floyd definitely championed the cook with it, drink it ethos.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Of course, if the wine is good enough to cook with then it must be good enough to drink!

The wonderful Keith Floyd definitely championed the cook with it, drink it ethos.
          yes, - good cooking cabaret, was mr Floyd

Comment

Bit of a change for dinner tonight. A while ago my Mum gave me some frozen mini burgers from that Scottish butcher she uses so, although I’m not big on burgers these days, I fried them up and had some of them with chips and beans. Rather nice, actually

And a couple left to stuff into a roll of some kind for lunch tomorrow

Comment

if you ever worked in porton down, yer fecked!!
              SW just said so, so it must be true.

Comment

if you ever worked in porton down, yer fecked!!
                SW just said so, so it must be true.
                i think IR35 just hit the cast of silent witless.
                they've killed them all off
                wiv nerve agents.

new cast expected soon, on much lower rates.
                you heard it here first folks.

Comment

I half-watched the latest episode of Only Connect, learned a new thing and then promptly forgot it.

I also watched Panorama about the housing scandal - people in nasty temporary accommodation who shouldn't be. I'd love to know how they so easily get undercover reporters jobs in exactly the right places.

I then turned off the TV as BR14 distracted me with a HHGTTG reference which prompted me to try and find out what font the big friendly letters were written in and then I disappeared down an internet rabbit hole of various trivia. A most enjoyable way to spend the evening. I didn't realise that the various adaptations of the stories have slightly different details. I hope the print versions all have the same story or else I will have to find them all... I'm annoyed enough that my copy of the triolgy in five parts is from different publishers so don't make a tidy set on my bookshelf.

Comment

HHGTTG???

WTF?

snafu or fubar?

Comment

It's one of four accepted abrreviations, allegedly.

HG2G, HHGTTG, H2G2, or tHGttG

Comment

Working...
                      X