• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken madras for tea, with the usual bits. Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Yes, I think that was him. Said it was the banks who’d decided not to put any customer names on them
      Sounds like the guy.

There's been one or two I've felt quite sorry for, but an awful lot are scumbags which is why they're starring.

The evening's entertainment began with the text description commentary on "ST: 1st Contact" which was amusing enough when half pissed, followed by a slightly earlier one: "ST IV: The Voyage Home", this being a dvd I bought last Wednesday for 50p, and is one of my favourites.

1986 seems so long ago*.

*It's only 10 years earlier than "ST: 1st Contact" of course, but seems much longer ago. I've still got the VHS cassette of it upstairs. That cost 50p about 20 years ago.

Tea: M&S battered chunky haddock, not particularly overcooked which was good, with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 February 2020, 22:05.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Comment

Tonight’s entertainment has been Galaxy Quest (1999), in which the ageing cast of a thinly-disguised Star Trek are whisked away from a fan convention by aliens who have no concept of acting and assume that the Earth TV programmes that have reached their star system are all true, and want the crew of the Protector (aka Enterprise) to save them from another alien race that’s attacking them. Entertaining stuff, with plenty of in-jokes for fans of ST:TOS

Early night now, as I ought to be getting on with assorted stuff tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Parked the brick beside a BMW 5 series. The Taurus is almost 2 ft longer.

...but once I crossed the state line into Mississippi, I discovered the sweet spot for the engine - 4500-6000rpm. It appears to go from slumber to snooze. And in snooze mode it sounds like they bypass the silencer on the exhaust.

That doesn’t make up for the woeful wallowing handling, the sponges that are used instead of brakes, and the helm off an oil tanker that is the steering mechanism.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well, a quick trip to the gym has been followed by some BBQ Wings and steak fries (i.e. proper chips) washed down with Sam Adams.
              I think the coating on the first wing was more calories than I burned in the gym.

As for the hotel “specials” for breakfast, Monday’s was 3 tacos, with meat, eggs, cheese and tomatoes in them. I had that.
              Tuesday the offering was 4 wings on two waffles with maple syrup. For breakfast. No, I didn’t.
              Wednesday the special was a Philly cheese steak omelette. It was tasty.
              Thursday’s special was french toast with sausage, bacon and maple syrup. Nope, not for me.
              Today it was “Canadian Biscuit” basically a scone with 4 slices of cooked ham and a similar number of slices of cheap cheese melted into it, served with a side of potato chunks. It went down well.

Next we could talk about their coffee, but let’s not. Their coffee is like their cars. Bland. Doesn’t do it for me.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Waiting for Storm Ciara....

Comment

Washing excitement! All socks from dryer. Put them into pairs then ended up with two mismatched!

Luckily my earlier pairing was wrong! And relax....

Comment

Morning all

Dry, as in no current precipitation.

What might be a CBS, or at least the bit visible through the gap in the curtains, which, however, looks pretty white.

Sunless as yet.

Saturday. This last being of little significance these days, all in all.

Warmer at 17.5 deg in here this morning.

It looks pretty calm out there at the moment, as in breezeless.

Fed the cat, replenished the bird feeders.

Now drinking the 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<tea drinking interweb surfing Toad searching hiatus>

Sun's out.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 February 2020, 09:20.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X