• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did indeed use a system of underground tunnels to reach the British Museum.

Rain has thankfully not been too evident and the wind has eased up. There was even a hint of blue in the sky.

Troy was as expected.

Now waiting in the cinema bar for the 1745 showing of Parasite to start.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      It was a trap.

Pissing down sideways now.
      Turned out quite sunny here for an hour or so before sundown

There’ll be more showers later, or so it is foretold. Wind’s died down a bit though.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        We did indeed use a system of underground tunnels to reach the British Museum.
        Fighting off mummies and jackal-headed gods along the way, no doubt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              The lentil soup has been blessed with hot smoked paprika and some chili powder.

I've not tasted it yet but it'll probably blow my head off.
              Very indeed.

Ho hum.

Maybe the rest will fester a bit in the freezer & improve the flavour, which is mostly comprised of chili.

Tea: surprise! lentil <pffft> soup, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Watched Doctor Who, currently watching Morse Endeavour.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

dinner has been a rather large gammon steak, with chips, peas and HP sauce.
                and yet more Rioja*

also watching Endeavor.

*have i mentioned my liking for Rioja, at all??

Comment

Three states in one day Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
                  I also found out why Arkansas is pronounced the way it is - because the name was in French. And as all the polyglots on here will know, the general rule in French is that you don’t pronounce the last letter if it is a consonant, so Arkansas should be pronounces Arkansa. This got corrupted over time to Arkansaw, which is the generally accepted pronunciation of it today.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Gosh, our Morse is upsetting Strange & Thursday.

I'm having difficulty following this.

Maybe I need some form of ESP.

In other news Strangelove Sis was supposed to be coming down here tomorrow to take a gander at our late (very late: died 1929) aunt's grave.

She's taken a rain check.

Well there's a thing, naughty Morse.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 February 2020, 22:00.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      There’ll be more showers later, or so it is foretold. Wind’s died down a bit though.
                      The foretelling was right, with a number of heavy showers.

And I think the wind has picked up a bit again. Even if it hasn’t, it’s bitterly cold and goes right through you

Tea has been a homemade kebab, with some of that kebab meat I make from time to time, out of the freezer. Very tasty, and at least I know what went in to it (Sainsbury’s lamb mince, though of course I don’t know what went into that)

Comment

Working...
                      X