• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Very tasty, and at least I know what went in to it (Sainsbury’s lamb mince, though of course I don’t know what went into that)
    Best not to know.

Oak Island Nutjobs: strike still on.

They've decided to geosurvey the swamp, so there's 2000 odd explosive charges and a similar number of geophones.

Gary found a button and something that might be a coin with a cross punched in it in the crap that came out of the swamp.

Some nutter came along with a theory about the constellation Virgo but I beamed out on that part.

The dendro on the wood found in Smith's cove brought in a date of around 1770ish, which predates the money pit.

More digging in Smith's cove revealed what looks like a horizontal picket fence, then they found another wooden structure, then they found what might be the boulders that make up the flood tunnel.

Next week's epic is the season finale.

For which, much thanks.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

OK, so PM suggested last week I might need to come back out here in May/June, but probably not, and then definitely in late July/August.

There’s a bar here that is having it’s 15th birthday in June. “If you’re around, fancy doing a few songs”.

Do I have any compunction about getting the project to pay to fly me to Memphis to do a short gig?

No.

Does it make me a bad person?

No.

Tomorrow I shall plant the seeds in the project manager’s mind. (There’s plenty of room)

hold on, WTFH, did you just say you’ve been invited to do a set at a bar in Memphis?

Brillo will be upset. That’s another reason to do it.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        There’s a bar here that is having it’s 15th birthday in June. “If you’re around, fancy doing a few songs”.

Do I have any compunction about getting the project to pay to fly me to Memphis to do a short gig?
        Seems reasonable. Probably better than anything else the project will accomplish

Tonight’s viewing has been ST:P, as I presume we’re supposed to refer to the new Picard thing: S1E2 Maps and Legends (TV Episode 2020) and S1E3 The End is the Beginning (TV Episode 2020). Both basically a lot of scene-setting and backstory explication; the end of E3 is (minor spoiler) when we finally get to set off in a spaceship on our actual mission. One hopes the pace will now pick up a bit

It made me appreciate the benefits of those meetings they’d have in that meeting room in ST:TNG, when they'd quickly explain all you needed to know about some complicated backstory and set the scene for the rest of the episode, all in about three minutes flat. They could have had something like that here, and saved everybody a lot of trouble. Certainly they could have crammed everything significant from these two episodes into one, and thereby upped the pace a fair bit too.

There’s been another couple of torrential showers, but the wind’s definitely dropped a bit now.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Best not to know.

Oak Island Nutjobs: strike still on.

They've decided to geosurvey the swamp, so there's 2000 odd explosive charges and a similar number of geophones.

Gary found a button and something that might be a coin with a cross punched in it in the crap that came out of the swamp.

Some nutter came along with a theory about the constellation Virgo but I beamed out on that part.

The dendro on the wood found in Smith's cove brought in a date of around 1770ish, which predates the money pit.

More digging in Smith's cove revealed what looks like a horizontal picket fence, then they found another wooden structure, then they found what might be the boulders that make up the flood tunnel.

Next week's epic is the season finale.

For which, much thanks.
          Many thanks for update.

Maybe next week they will find loads of gold and have been keeping it quiet all this time?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            hold on, WTFH, did you just say you’ve been invited to do a set at a bar in Memphis?

Brillo will be upset. That’s another reason to do it.
            I am please you will be doing it abroad and not in the UK. Has the UK not suffered enough?

Comment

Windy and rainy in Manchester.

Bet no one would have guessed that.

Happy Monday.

Comment

No trains to London. Grrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  No trains to London. Grrrrrr
                  Best get on your bike then?

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Breezy rather than windy.

Blue skies with white fluffy clouds.

That goddamn telex machine is still much too clean.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning

CBSWFB
                      monday.

meh.

Comment

Working...
                      X