• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Waxed or unwaxed limes?

:Igmc:
    Most of the time she has a face like she has been sucking both types. How am I going to marry her off if she carries on like that?

I really wanted her to be a strong independent woman. The last time I threatened to marry her off she said yes please.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      WBPS
      yeh, cheers peeps.

four large ones and four cans have helped the mellowing process somewhat

time to stick another pie in the pie heating apparatus <oven>

Comment

I thought about doing the shopping this evening, but I can’t be bothered

No trundling this evening as the recycling bin operatives left the bin half full last week; they’ll sometimes actually go through it moving stuff to another bin and stop when they find something they don’t like, leaving the rest behind. I think last week it was the plastic coat hangers one of my neighbours (probably the Lithuanian couple in the first floor back) had put in there, which may for all I know be recyclable, but not in these bins.

So I didn’t bother bringing the bin in. Eventually it’ll get so much other stuff chucked on top that they’ll just take it as is

Comment

Had the last of the potato famine pork & sausage casserole for tea. Very flavoursome it was; I must make that again some time

I don’t suppose the government could circulate a recipe for pork & sausage casserole nowadays without getting no end of grief from the nutritional obsessives

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            yeh, cheers peeps.

four large ones and four cans have helped the mellowing process somewhat

time to stick another pie in the pie heating apparatus <oven>
            and so it came to pass.
            a kate and sidney pie, chips and peas has been consumed.
            with a very nice cahors merlot.

now for death in paradise

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Most of the time she has a face like she has been sucking both types. How am I going to marry her off if she carries on like that?

I really wanted her to be a strong independent woman. The last time I threatened to marry her off she said yes please.
              My Dad tried to swap me for a Ferrari in Egypt about 10 years ago. I can't say I was best pleased.

However, if you want to get shot of DD, it may be somewhere worth trying?

Comment

The evening's entertainment began with the last hour or so of the commentary on "Ghost" which was amusing enough, then it was "Red Joan" this being taken from a novel which was vaguely (very vaguely) based on Melita Norwod, the KGB/NKVD/GRU spy who worked for the British Non Ferrous Metals Research Association.

Apparently this useful idiot was more highly regarded than the Cambridge Five and was in post until she retired in 1972.

Considering how much was walking out of Los Alamos back in the mid 40s it's a bit difficult to understand.

Ah, it would appear that it was data on the metallurgy of Uranium that was of importance, rather than the design of the weapon.

In other new, FB has just suggested Bob Showaddywaddy as a friend.

Now there's a first.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 January 2020, 23:34.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A bit more TNG tonight with Captain's Holiday (TV Episode 1990), which was OK. That planet they all rave about going to on holiday looks dreadful, though; like a futuristic version of a package holiday to Torremolinos where you spend all your time in an “English Bar” drinking Watney’s Red Barrel and eating fish and chips. I’m not surprised Picard didn’t like it

But I wasn’t in the mood for any more of that malarkey, so I turned instead to a book I’ve had on the shelf waiting patiently to be read for *checks Amazon order history* nearly five years: Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death, and Brain Surgery by Henry Marsh. Excellent stuff

Goodnight all

Comment

Watched episodes 4 and 5 of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD season 5. Finally found out why they were taken from the present to 70-odd years in the future. Good old Fitz has turned up to save the day and get his woman back. He's looking very fresh after a long sleep in a freezer.

This morning is a balmy 9 degrees. Forgot to look up and see if the skies were clear as I walked to the tube station. Dry though, and still dark.

Running a bit late as I left the house about 30 mins later than usual. I regret saying I'd be in the office today. I may leave nice and early and go for a snooze in the cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      they make martini's with tampons?

that's gross.
                      Isn't that a Bloody Mary?
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X