• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Sun's out.
    It might be with you, but it's still in hiding here.
    Still grey here too, and forecast to remain so

And it’s being bruited about that it might rain tomorrow, so I’m wondering whether to do the shopping this afternoon. But I probably can’t be bothered

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Just spotted that ClientCo's Costa coffee has jammy shortbread so I bought some to go with my mid morning coffee, as inspired by Watty's jam sandwich.
      Back onto the Bonne Maman (Raspberry; thanks for asking) having had to suffer Morrison's own brand "because it was on 'special'" recently.

PSA: ever outsource one's jam purchasing to a disinterested third-party.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        Back onto the Bonne Maman (Raspberry; thanks for asking) having had to suffer Morrison's own brand "because it was on 'special'" recently.

PSA: ever outsource one's jam purchasing to a disinterested third-party.
        At home I have the Bonne Maman berries and cherries conserve but the raspberry is also excellent. I don't eat jam enough to have multiple jars open.
        Last edited by ladymuck; 30 January 2020, 19:14. Reason: Missed a word out

Comment

Late lunch today. As I am meeting a friend.

Comment

Please let no-one steal my century....

Comment

Sun's gone in so it's time to brave the deluge.

And go for a wee.

Just been reading the El Reg thing about Maplin from 2014.

Oh, how are the mighty fallen.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Sun's gone in so it's time to brave the deluge.

And go for a wee.

Just been reading the El Reg thing about Maplin from 2014.

Oh, how are the mighty fallen.
                Century

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  At home I have the Bonne Maman berries and cherries conserve but the raspberry is also excellent. I don't eat jam enough to multiple jars open.
                  One should never skimp on life's little pleasures. I might have a bit of marmalade (Mackay's Vintage Dundee, natch) on toast later. Mmm..
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I woz rite: the drizzle began as I walked out of the library.

Bought a shoulder of lamb (Morrisons, reduced) for Sunday, and "Red Joan", this last being the dvd of one of Moscow's useful idiots who spied for them undetected for donkey's years, only to be exposed long after she'd retired.

Unusually, lunch was spag bol, being the one half measure of bol with a third of a measure* of spag.

It was extremely toothsome, despite my forgetting to grate any cheese (Morrisons, extra mature, Welsh cheddar, two for £4) over it.

All washed down with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Yum.

*Measure of spag tend to be a little random but err on the side of "a lot". This measure was a third of a lot.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been sausages in finger rolls; very nice

And with those consumed, I have precisely no reserves of sausages in the place

Comment

Working...
                      X