• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ep 5 of TAOM was about maths. "The music of the spheres".

Which wasn't as much fun as metals.

Now watching Red Dwarf "Dimension Jump" from S4.

It's from 1991 and they all look really really young.

Unlike yesterday's ep.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 April 2020, 21:36.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Book reading hasn't progressed as well as I'd anticipated.

Parentals phoned (all well). Interrupted me cooking some tea (just pasta).

While making the delayed tea, I discovered I'd wedged one of my freezer drawers shut through poor item placement (still not resolved but closer to a solution).

Then I decided I really needed a nice bookmark and why shouldn't I use some of my nice origami paper to make one? Cue watching many hours of YouTube videos to find something suitably complicated. Bookmarked a few to try tomorrow and wasted three sheets of paper trying to do the simplest of folds for an interim bookmark.

Now going to bed.

Comment

Tonight’s viewing started with what Jesus would have watched, assuming Jesus had taste: The Long Good Friday (1980). As I always say, it’s quite good really if you like one of the best films ever made

To follow: The Hurt Locker (2008), which is one of those Katherine Bigelow things that basically says “Oh, the suffering of the people the USA is bombing and shooting is terrible, BUT HAVE YOU CONSIDERED HOW UNPLEASANT IT IS FOR THE PEOPLE BOMBING AND SHOOTING THEM???!?”

Other than that, it’s quite good

And then a further episode of The Night Of, viz, S1E5 The Art of War (TV Episode 2016). This series really is excellent, and in particular the cinematography is often absolutely beautiful, in the way that, I dunno, one might admire the chiaroscuro in a painting of somebody being tortured on the rack

Goodnight all

Comment

Farming Today.

Sheep, lambs, bleat. All for the sake of chops and leg of...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Good morning all!

Daily Report
            ########

Location - sat at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee

Weather - Sun coming up and clear skies so far.

Parish Notes - Nothing really to report. I'm currently playing with one of these - SC126. I'm looking at implementing a graphics board that uses a memory mapped display rather than one that just receives commands via the serial port... I don't need hardware sprites... A simple composite out with a monochrome bitmap shouldn't be too dificult... Should be able to implement via TTL chips... Don't want to use dual port RAM... Zeity, where are you in my hour of need, why hast thou foresaken me???

Oooh, hello... This looks interesting... "TV Typewriter Cookbook" by Don Lancaster...
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

morning all

weather - lots of blue sky, wispy clouds, 12 degrees, should be another warm day

breakfast - 2 weetabix, oj, coffee and toast after shower

linner - Papa Johns pizza
              Married

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Good morning all!

Daily Report
                  ########

Location - sat at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee

Weather - Sun coming up and clear skies so far.

Parish Notes - Nothing really to report. I'm currently playing with one of these - SC126. I'm looking at implementing a graphics board that uses a memory mapped display rather than one that just receives commands via the serial port... I don't need hardware sprites... A simple composite out with a monochrome bitmap shouldn't be too dificult... Should be able to implement via TTL chips... Don't want to use dual port RAM... Zeity, where are you in my hour of need, why hast thou foresaken me???

Oooh, hello... This looks interesting... "TV Typewriter Cookbook" by Don Lancaster...

Nice toes!

Comment

Comment

Morning! bright and sunny
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X