• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    We made the mistake yesterday of mentioning to the ankle biter about an exhibition on at The British Museum. They are now dead keen on going whereas HWMBO and I are looking at the weather and thinking "do we really have to go there?"

Well it gets us out I guess.

Shame I can't just hand over my membership card and stay indoors.
    If only London had some way of travelling beneath the ground, with multiple access points so the weather would only affect short distances at the beginning and end of one’s journey

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      If only London had some way of travelling beneath the ground, with multiple access points so the weather would only affect short distances at the beginning and end of one’s journey
      what a jolly good idea!!

Comment

LM, don’t fall for “Nick’s self guided tours of the London sewers”.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch has been some of yesterday’s soup harvest, and very nice it is

While it was cooking I suspected I might not have put enough pepper in, so I added some more. Later, the same doubts assailed me, so more. Then more. End result: it’s very peppery, and very nice as a result

I also went a bit mad with the barley so it’s exceedingly thick. I’d divided it into six portions, but the one I just had needed a fair bit of water adding, after which it was still pretty thick. So I’m going to re-divide the remaining five portions into six before freezing them

And the sun’s just come out!

Comment

And the sun’s just come out!
            That's no sun! It's a trap!

Sunday afternoon shop done & put away.

Got a mango (ready to eat, very ripe, Morrisons, reduced), left the other one because it was rather too ripe.

Was tempted to go for a walk but I've thought better of it.

Need to run the vac over the house to keep the dust mites happy.

Just discovered that the door post of the salting house is afflicted with dry rot.

It's only been there 20 years FFS and I soaked it in woodrot killer before I put it in.

The lentil soup has been blessed with hot smoked paprika and some chili powder.

I've not tasted it yet but it'll probably blow my head off.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 February 2020, 15:23.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Breakfast has been had. I didn’t choose today’s special - flatbread breakfast pizza, instead opting for what looked like sultana bran. The bran flakes bit of it tasted more like Frosties.

I suspect I will be returning to the UK as a diabetic later this week.
              Waiting for the cricket to finish (hopefully shortly), then I shall head out for the day.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It was a trap.

Pissing down sideways now.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  It was a trap.

Same here.

meh.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    It was a trap.

I noticed earlier the rain was falling upwards on the roof over the road
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      No rain today
                      Millenium

Comment

Working...
                      X