• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Windy - 17 mph with gusts up to 37 mph (15 / 30 kts) from the SSW. There was some blue sky amongst the fluff when I got up but that's gone now. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 18 forecast. Rain expected over lunchtime.

I was supposed to go to the office today but the chap I'm working with decided it was too much hassle with the rail strike so at home I am, and this time there will be no mad dash to the office.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all

A very windy night (including a couple of power outages), and still pretty breezy this morning.

I doubt if Pondy will be flying today.
      Om

Comment

Morning.

Wet. Very wet. Very very very wet. Otter's pocket wet.

Grey. As grey as a 's arse grey.

Sunless.

Warmer at 17.6 deg in here, 19.5 deg in the kitchen, 14.5 deg in the leanto.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750.06 Torr, 14.5 psi, (down from 1006 last night), 74% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Pondy might not be flying but I certainly am: world feels as if it's not quite connected to me at the moment. .

Meanwhile back in 16th January 2019 NF was spending £700 on fixing the brakes on one of his cars (not the Orion), while I was irritated with the Esteemed Customers, so no change there then, other than the one who reckoned he wasn't getting enough help despite getting more than anyone else in the group. It was ever thus.

I wonder if the little git graduated. I suppose he probly did last summer or this summer if repeats were required.

The rain stopped. The wind hasn't.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons soya and linseed toasted crust, a yog (or did I? I think I forgot the yog), bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of "toast" (in this case a bit more like warm bread, could have done with longer in the toaster), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Sun came out and a walk (unabbreviated) walked in the afternoon sunshine & semigale.

More work done on the component list: stone me there's some obscure stuff on there.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, a mini Xmas pud with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S13 E7: Landrover Series IIA 1967. Another of those WTF? eps where it's turned into "the ultimate bugout vehicle". Aside from not having a gun rack of course. .

The Repair Shoppe: toy locomotive, kite, peculiar painting.

The Body in the Bag on 5: the chap from GCHQ found in a duffle bag in his bath back in 2010.

National Park Mysteries bollox: already watched.

Dr Pimplepoper: ditto clip show.

Skin A&E S3 E11.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 October 2022, 22:05.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 050820Z AUTO 21015KT 9999 SCT019 BKN039 OVC047 17/15 Q1005=

210 Deg at 15kts is full 15kts crosswind (runways are 30/12) so just within limits - crosswind limit is 17kts for small aircraft. However gusting to 35 due sometime soon plus it's overcast and generally miserable looking out there.

The jenga style structure of +ve tests has again increased by one today.

Mind how you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Morning all

METAR EGFF 050820Z AUTO 21015KT 9999 SCT019 BKN039 OVC047 17/15 Q1005=

210 Deg at 15kts is full 15kts crosswind (runways are 30/12) so just within limits - crosswind limit is 17kts for small aircraft. However gusting to 35 due sometime soon plus it's overcast and generally miserable looking out there.
            Just grabbed a coffee in the kitchen and checked the anemometer which was showing 8.2 m/s, that's calmed down on overnight. Visibility at ground level is sub 200 metres.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The sun just made a valiant attempt to shine through the clouds.

Turns out chap at ClientCo now has covid so I'm extra happy the office visit was cancelled today.

Comment

The wind is blowing hard.

I can hear my neighbours wind chimes. May climb over the fence with some scissors.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch has been a roast pork and apple sauce bap, which was really nice

The wind has died down a lot, but it's raining off and on - quite torrential earlier

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    The wind is blowing hard.

I can hear my neighbours wind chimes. May climb over the fence with some scissors.
                    Such a shame likes are disabled here

Comment

A brief but enthusiastic shower has been had.

The pub for the 'after party' called to say they have taken a booking for the room I've booked so we'll need to vacate after two hours. I'm a bit grumpy about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X