• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey and drizzly day out; currently 6°C with a chance of 7° later, possible hiatus in the rain around lunchtime, barometers up a little at 1011/1018mB

On this basis, I have decided not to go for my walk now but to delay it until lunchtime when there's a chance of slightly drier conditions. I still have to go down in search of a bin shortly though

Comment

Morning

Grey, lovely grey and damp outside.

Shopping delivered

Washing machine on.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but dry. Rain expected from mid-morning onwards. Currently 9 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up to 1019 mBar.

I just have the final config to do to "make it live" and the send out the comms. Next week I start the next batch of migrations.

Comment

Morning all
          Blue skies and sunshine.

TFIF, etc.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Recycling bin retrieved

Still grotty out

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Cold at 12 deg in here.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765.1 Torr, 14.79 psi, (up from 1017 mBar last night), 70% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD (for now).

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away. Forgot the eggs.

It tried to rain on me on the way back but it didn't turn into much.

Shirts out of the TD and smalls back in for the 2nd pass.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Smalls out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons out of the TD.

Shirts & pillowcase roughly iRoned.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked, during which mucking futtley the pooch managed due to the inattention of its owner to get dogtulipe on my jeans.

The things that happen when out without a gun.

Jeans duly wiped clean, then sanitised, & finally washed & dried.

Tea: Tesco battered haddock, some peach slices (in light syrup which is nicer than juice), a yog, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Peter Finch, of whom it might be observed, I've seen none of his films, though "network" resides in a pile somwhere.

Quantum Leap S5 E14 "Doctor Ruth" wherein the famous sex therapist is involved in solving Al's hangups.

Bab5 S4 E22 "Deconstruction of Falling Stars". Because I wanted to watch it again, it having a time frame of a mere million years, and includes a post apocalyptic bit that resembles "A Canticle for Leibowitz".

Strangest Things on Blaze: the Viking coin discovered in Maine, north America.

Cue the Kensington Viking Rune Stone.

The Phaistos Disc: a baked clay disc with weird symbols engraved thereon. Since it's Blaze, it's plain that it's left by Ancient Aliens.

Some death mask: drowned woman.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 March 2022, 21:42.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

First standup done, to which I naturally had nothing to contribute. Next: buttered wholemeal toast

Comment

Sourdough toast with marmite here

Comment

Coffee ordered last night along with a recycling collection.
                    Recycling today at 16:07-18:07 for the first bag and 16:10-18:10 for the second.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Can someone tell me where the morning has gone...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X