• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now finally sat in the Club Aspire lounge that BA are using for their Club World passengers.

It was clear and sunny at home when we left with my barometer down to 1016 mBar. Sunrise timed itself perfectly to ensure I was slightly blinded on the M25 as we approached the M23 turnoff.

At Gatwick, it's currently 18 degrees with a high of 29 expected.

In Grenada it's 28 degrees ('feels like' 32) with a high of 31 later.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Brigid Kosgei breaks the women's half marathon world record, running in 1hour and 28 secs at the 'Great North Run' 2019

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Now finally sat in the Club Aspire lounge that BA are using for their Club World passengers.

It was clear and sunny at home when we left with my barometer down to 1016 mBar. Sunrise timed itself perfectly to ensure I was slightly blinded on the M25 as we approached the M23 turnoff.

At Gatwick, it's currently 18 degrees with a high of 29 expected.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Brigid Kosgei breaks the women's half marathon world record, running in 1hour and 28 secs at the 'Great North Run' 2019
      Be careful if Grenada gets much warmer - last time we were in Barbados it was 35 degrees and everyone was struggling.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        So like being in Leicester then?

Bon voyage!

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warm at 22.4 deg in here.

1007 mBar, 29.74 in Hg, 73% RH.

Wednesday.

CUK down!

First trip to B&Q since last November done.

The sheer excitement of the journey was overwhelming.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the NZ Border Control thing: a gentleman of asian extraction selling prohibited knives on the interweb.

Oh dear, so far we've found a knuckleduster knife, several AK74s, a 9mm pistol, etc.

None of which were in a gun safe.

Plus assorted magazines and ammo.

Stone me.

Then dumb septics with the usual ganja.

And some Koreans with some fresh uncooked chillies secreted in some kimchi: lucky to get away with a $200 fine.

Then a Kiwi game hunter back from Alaska with a slightly damaged rifle and a shedload of pelts & suchlike.

The rifle barrel is in that classic cartoon state of split in half back to the receiver and a big chunk broken off the foregrip.

No comment was made about what happened to the bear.

More potching done in connecting the tinshed & the garage to that electrick stuff. Part P? Wassat then?

It was picking with rain 15 minutes ago.

There's a definite smell of rain in the air, together with that curious windy phase that precedes it.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It's raining.

Entertainment: Discovering Whoopi Goldberg: they failed to mention the most important role: Guinan.

It's still raining & as grey as a 's arse.

Mr Portillo in quite the most blindingly lemon yellow jacket that I've ever seen.

Joy of Painting. Om.

"The Age of Humans" on Smithsonian: more depressing crap about how the world is now fecked & not in a good way.

I'm waiting for Gaia's revenge.

Dr Pimplepopper: more pustulent goodness.

One of the patients in this one died in 2019.

Elementary S7 E8 "Miss Understood".
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 September 2021, 22:05.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Going with loony lady 1 to Seaford later. Bit hot for me but 1st time we've done the coast this year and no usual holiday either.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sardines-in-olive-oil toasties for lunch. Very tasty

I seem to have finished up with quite an imbalance in favour of the ones in tomato sauce though, so I need to get through a few tins of those next

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Going with loony lady 1 to Seaford later. Bit hot for me but 1st time we've done the coast this year and no usual holiday either.
                  Oh did I miss the update about being a married lady's bit of fluff? Did anything exciting happen?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Breakfast was quiche - eat it or bin it!

Lunch a a burrito.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Currently 29°C out, and the weather app says it "feels like" it too. But there's quite a fresh breeze, which improved things a little when I popped out the back earlier.

So I'm wondering whether to take my walk at the usual time and hope the breeze will make it bearable, or leave it until later

Comment

Working...
                      X